Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Prizm v new guy

shakerdave

Been reading your forum looking to ask any prizm owners how they like there's and if there are any tips for a newbe? Is this thing an auto ground balance? I have been using a Fisher gold bug 2 for several years mostly for prospecting for placer gold recently moved to northern Idaho from Alaska any one in this form in the Northwest that likes to placer mine? Been finding some yellow stuff in my highbanker! Like to try coin-shooting any tips for a newbe?
Shakerdave

Hello Shakerdave,

To answer your GB question. No, the Prizm V is not auto ground balance. It is fixed GB. It does not track nor adjust itself. What it is set at is what it is set at. But, the Prizm V is a good machine for a newbie and is very easy to use. The best advice I could give. Is get out there and use it and get used to it. Dig pretty much everything at first. Paying close attention to what each item ID's at, how well they lock on, what they sound like and so on. Once you get it down pat. You will know what to dig and what not to dig. That not only goes for the Prizm V but, any VDI machine. The biggest key to good finds. LEARN YOUR MACHINE. Whatever it maybe.

HH Mike

Thank you for answering my post mike I do plan to get out and use my new whites. Boy this "whites sucks" guy sure got these guys going, just as he intended I guess. Amazed reading the responses to him and yet I asked twice for input and only you answered my post hummmmmmmmm.
shakerdave

Welcome Dave, I would steer you in the direction of an M6. Reason being, basically close in price, ground tracking, and build on the proven MXT chip... Excellent machine for the money...Tn RichardnTN

Hi I have the M6 and it is one coin hunting monster.
The M6 is like the MXT running on 14khz and that make a good gold hunter.(rings etc)I would add the 6X10dd coil for coins hunting.
My main tector is the XL PRO for silver but the M6 is not far from the XL PRO.:hot::chase::chase::chase::chase::chase::chase::chase:

thank you for replying to my posting I wish I would have asked you before I bought the prizm v but I had it out today and found some clad and a key in a little over an hour it did tone on some empty holes 6 in down but the ground was very muddy had a good time tho first time out with it.

thank you for answering my post I have already got the prizm v this winter just got to get out for the first time today dug a dime 4 pennies and a key in hour an half ground was muddy and it would lock in all metal but nothing in hole 6 in down sometimes maybe due to wet? it chimed in auto showed pennie at 2 in and was just that so all in all had a good time and found some stuff what more can you ask first time out with a new dect. I have a Fisher gold bug 2 that I have had for 8 years found more coins today than I ever found with it love my Whites!

The M6 is a deeper coin hunter but the Prizm is light as a feather.
I also have the Prizm 2 to hunt with and it is nice to use.
Go to www.firstontop.com to see some of the things i found with it and some trick and tips.

your absolutely right lightest dect i have picked up cool finds I look foreword to swinging it more as soon as the mud here dries up a little more.

The Prizm will find coins but not the deep ones.
Great from 0" to 4"
OK from 4" to 5"
After 5" your lucky if you'll see 6" or 7", but I have once at 7".
But if your happy in that range you'll have one heck of a good time..
But thats in the soil upper New York has.
Had the Quantum II which I traded in when starting out in 2004 for the Prizm. Heavier, but went deeper.
Keep swinging and you'll be suprised at what you find...
This picture is of my Feb 5th hunt...

Happy Hunting

bruce1036 thanks for the cool post awesome pic went out today with the Prizm and the gold bug 2 had a blast we worked a camping spot then braved snow drifts to a place where there are tailing piles from a bucketline dredge worked over the tailings with the GB2 and my friend used his GARRETT stinger found a couple of pieces of ore that sounded off good on both machines gonna crush and pan em. Heres a couple pics of the tailing pile and the countryside.