Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Prizm 6T

chef50

Hello fellow diggers...anyone out there using the Prizm 6T..?? I'm shopping around and have it on my list of machines for consideration...have any of you used one or do you now own one, and whats your likes or dislikes of this detector...Thanks in advance...Steve in Tenn.

The T6 was covered extensively in the past 30 days. Just go down the list of past posts and read to your hearts content.

[size=large]As Larry (IL) stated, there have been several reports already posted on this forum. I did a short review, and that was followed by a longer review that I posted in 3 parts (posts). Therefore, I suggest you read the reviews that are below.

To keep in very short here, Yes, I own a 6T. Yes, I generally like the Prizm 6T.

No, it's not perfect.

The main complaint any avid detectorist has made regarding the entire Prizm series since their release has been the lack of a smaller coil. There are two smaller coils in the works for them now. A 6" spider-type concentric coil, and a 4X6 DD concentric coil. I am sure it will be a matter of which design they develop first and which one (or both) tends to work successfully after some field time with the prototypes.

Once a smaller coil, either of these, is in production for them, I think the sales of the Prizm 6T, and lesser Prizms, will really pick up. For now I am aware of the times the stock 9" spider coil is just going to be too large and I'll grab a different unit, but I have been using mine most of the time this past several weeks just to learn it more. The more I use it, the ore I come to appreciate the better things aboiut the Prizm 6T, such as the thumb-reach control of EVERYTHING! The full-range notch accept/reject. And especially the Auto-Trac ground balance that's very close to the speedy performance found on the M6 & MXT. :thumbup: That, and the ability to 'lock' a GB setting.

Read the reviews below and check one out at a local dealer's shop.

Monte[/size]

In my opinion Whites really improved on the Prizm line with the 6T. I'm also looking forward to the smaller coil. I can't believe that after all this time I'm still waiting. People with older Prizm units have been asking for a smaller coil for years now. I would think a company like Whites would have figured out that a choice of coils is a must. Going to release a new line of detectors? Have the accessories available for it. Rocket science? Or just good business sense?