Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Prizm 6T

Longwalker

My apology to Whites. Earlier on this site I made a comment that the depth reading on pennies was inaccurate, well, it was me that was inaccurate not the 6T. It is in fact very close on all coins. I have already found a couple of pocket fulls of change with it and am very pleased with it. The real fault was mine not Whites. I just spoke to soon, this thing rocks. It's easy to use and hasn't miss I.D. on a coin yet. Again my apology to Whites.

My nephew said he couldn't find a thing with his Prizm 2. I said "bring it over to my test garden" About 30 minutes later he was swinging his coil over my garden. I watched in amazement as he forgot everything I showed him just weeks earlier. I was laughing as I couldn't keep a strait face. I let him go over all my coins and sure enough not one beep. I then asked him if he thought his detector could pick up coins at 16 inches? "I don't think so" he said. I said then why are you swinging the coil over the ground 12 inches in the air? Plus at the end of his sweeps he was 16 inches off the ground. Well with another 1 minute lesson he was able to get a beep on all my targets. Imagine that.

Hey - it's a new machine. One can expect a user glitch. If your like me I just take them out of the box and start beeping only looking at the manual when I can't figure something out! I've been burnt before many times. I'm glad the P6t is performing as stated. I may even get one before the small coils come out! Give us some more info on your hunts with the P6t....

How many different ways can you select the tone ID? Like I know there is a 9 tone selection and a 1 tone selection. Is there any more options? The manual is not clear on the options. Thanks.

Nope. Just the two options 9 or 1. I liked the three tones on the Prizm V myself. I figure I was in the minority with that. Too many bells makes Johnny a goofy boy. I'm planning on hitting some well hunted ball fields tomorrow with my Prizm 6. It finally rained here in Pa. I would be happy with one piece of silver.

Notes on the Prizm 6T
On the 6T any notch can be on or off independent of the others.
You scroll Thru the them with the top of the disc button the bottom half of the button turns each one on or off.
You can set any combination that you like. Nine notches total.
As for tones It can be 9 tones (one for each notch) or single tone selectable with just a button push.
The indicator locks in very solid for target ID with very little jumping around.
Pushing ( and holding ) the pin point button turns the VDI display to depth reading and is very close.
A quick push and release of the Pin point button switches to all metal mode and turns of all filters, push and release
again go back to disc with your settings intact. Power on and off does not lose your setting, but battery removal does.
In all metal mode no notches are set and only single tone but the target ID still functions. The power button also turns the back light on and off. I have big hands and can operate all buttons with my thumb I don't know if a small hand can do that yet.
I hope this helps.

[size=large]you only get an audio tone for those notch segments you have chosen to hear. Rejected notches eliminates that tone. So, if you've rejected iron (both large and small) and knocked out some pull tabs and maybe even screw caps and zinc cents, you might only get 3 tones or 4 tones. But at the push of a touch-pad you can opt for Tone ID ON or Off, and that's nice.

Monte[/size]