Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Prizm 5 vs M6 ?

Bajanick

Want to get one of these to compliment my MXT but not sure if I should shell out the extra 200 bucks for he M6. Does it really get that much deeper than the Prizm 5?
I had a coinmaster and I found all kinds of coins with it at 5"

Don't know about the Prizm 5, but the M6 is more like a streamlined MXT and just as deep.

Why get the m6 since you have a mxt unless you want the 7 tones? The P5 is over priced for the features it has. The Garrett Ace 250 has about the same features with 3 coils for 200.00 new. If you want a Whites back up unit I would buy a used Classic ID or IDX that is way better than the P5 and less than half the price. The p2 is in my opionion the best of that series.

All your coils will fit both Mxt and M6. I agree I hear more good about the Idx pro and classic series. I would probably look for a deal on one of those. I had the mxt before my M6, both great detectors for parks I like the 7tones. HH

[quote khouse]Why get the m6 since you have a mxt unless you want the 7 tones? The P5 is over priced for the features it has. The Garrett Ace 250 has about the same features with 3 coils for 200.00 new. If you want a Whites back up unit I would buy a used Classic ID or IDX that is way better than the P5 and less than half the price. The p2 is in my opionion the best of that series.[/quote]

Because the MXT is extremely noisy. I would like a silent hunt machine, if thats what the M6 is.

For a back up detector then you could go with the m6 because the interchanging coils. But in my opinion for a complimentary detector having it being a different frequency is better. In the 7 tone mode I found that the m6 wanted to grunt and squeak on some discriminated targets. However the ID or IDX is quiet as a mouse. The Prizms are quiet too. I still think the P2 is the best of that series.

[quote khouse]For a back up detector then you could go with the m6 because the interchanging coils. But in my opinion for a complimentary detector having it being a different frequency is better. In the 7 tone mode I found that the m6 wanted to grunt and squeak on some discriminated targets. However the ID or IDX is quiet as a mouse. The Prizms are quiet too. I still think the P2 is the best of that series.[/quote]

Why do you think the P2 is the best of the Prizms?

First is the price $250.00 Second is the coil. The 8 inch coil is a good size. Not too big and not too small. 6 inch would be perfect. All Prizms have the same power. The p4 is about $450 and the p5 is about $500. If those two detectors was about $250.00 then they would be a good buy. I think once your going to spend that kind of money then buy an M6. They can be purchased for 550 new. Then you really have a profesional detector.