Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pretty good hunt Saturday.....

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
We are still not allowed to gather with our friends up here. I decided I needed to get out to help with this cabin fever. I left before 8 am, and it was only 29 degrees. I went to a mid 1800's farm house that has been hit pretty hard by a friend of mine over the years. I managed a few keepers including a 1914 wheat cent, a neat shut off valve to something, a suspender clip, and several misc. items. I then went to a corn field site that has been hit by my same friend, but never myself. It was a farm in the mid 1800's also, but just a field now. My first keeper was a pretty nice 1893 Indian head penny. Later I got a nickel tone, and right on the surface was an 1883 Shield nickel. I stayed in that area, and my next target, maybe 20 feet away was a really nice 1866 two cent piece. I really like that deep green patina. My last target is pretty neat also. It is a badge of sorts from the Kalamazoo free street fair. Dated Oct. 4, 5, 6, 7 1898. I need to straighten it but it's a pretty neat find in my book. We now are having some cooler weather (40's daytime, 20's at night) But you can be sure I will continue social distancing by taking my detector for a walk. Stay safe everyone.
2cent.jpg
2cent2.jpg
2cent3.jpg
2cent4.jpg
2cent5.jpg
2cent6.jpg
2cent7.jpg
2cent8.jpg

Sweet finds a I found a 2 center in same shape and color beautiful condition I did not know it was a two cent piece until I got home and checked my finds.
Mark

We are still not allowed to gather with our friends up here. I decided I needed to get out to help with this cabin fever. I left before 8 am, and it was only 29 degrees. I went to a mid 1800's farm house that has been hit pretty hard by a friend of mine over the years. I managed a few keepers including a 1914 wheat cent, a neat shut off valve to something, a suspender clip, and several misc. items. I then went to a corn field site that has been hit by my same friend, but never myself. It was a farm in the mid 1800's also, but just a field now. My first keeper was a pretty nice 1893 Indian head penny. Later I got a nickel tone, and right on the surface was an 1883 Shield nickel. I stayed in that area, and my next target, maybe 20 feet away was a really nice 1866 two cent piece. I really like that deep green patina. My last target is pretty neat also. It is a badge of sorts from the Kalamazoo free street fair. Dated Oct. 4, 5, 6, 7 1898. I need to straighten it but it's a pretty neat find in my book. We now are having some cooler weather (40's daytime, 20's at night) But you can be sure I will continue social distancing by taking my detector for a walk. Stay safe everyone. View attachment 2640View attachment 2641View attachment 2647View attachment 2648View attachment 2649View attachment 2650View attachment 2651View attachment 2652
Congrats, Mike, nice finds indeed! It is cooler here in SE MO, too! Weather needs to heat up & kill the Virus, so PPL can be back to work & outside enjoying it! But remember, This is the day the lord has made so let us rejoice & be glad in it! Thank You, God in Jesus' name, by faith we know in Your timing & concerning the fulfillment of Your Holy Plans all things are done! Amen! Ma

We are still not allowed to gather with our friends up here. I decided I needed to get out to help with this cabin fever. I left before 8 am, and it was only 29 degrees. I went to a mid 1800's farm house that has been hit pretty hard by a friend of mine over the years. I managed a few keepers including a 1914 wheat cent, a neat shut off valve to something, a suspender clip, and several misc. items. I then went to a corn field site that has been hit by my same friend, but never myself. It was a farm in the mid 1800's also, but just a field now. My first keeper was a pretty nice 1893 Indian head penny. Later I got a nickel tone, and right on the surface was an 1883 Shield nickel. I stayed in that area, and my next target, maybe 20 feet away was a really nice 1866 two cent piece. I really like that deep green patina. My last target is pretty neat also. It is a badge of sorts from the Kalamazoo free street fair. Dated Oct. 4, 5, 6, 7 1898. I need to straighten it but it's a pretty neat find in my book. We now are having some cooler weather (40's daytime, 20's at night) But you can be sure I will continue social distancing by taking my detector for a walk. Stay safe everyone. View attachment 2640View attachment 2641View attachment 2647View attachment 2648View attachment 2649View attachment 2650View attachment 2651View attachment 2652
Very cool ---very cold @ 29 degrees:oops:

Nice digs. Too bad no D on that Wheatie??