Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Predator (WARNING do not open this if you are squeamish!)

Most of you have seen the pictures of the deer herd that frequents my back yard. Unfortunately, it is the law of nature that where there are deer... there are mountain lions.
Several sighting occur each month in the area around my home, but they usually take place in the fringe areas of the community. Evidence of this lion was a bit closer to home.......about 100 feet!
Diane and I had just returned from running errands in civilization (about an hour drive). As we pulled in to the driveway, she noticed a deer laying down under the porch of the house next door. We thought it might be sick, so we went to investigate. Not a pretty sight! A mountain lion had ripped her throat out and eaten off the lower jaw and nose. All of this occurring 50 feet from where I take the dog out every night to do his doggie duty. I was raised in the mountains, so I am well aware that just because you don't see a mountain lion doesn't mean that he doesn't see you. But this episode will have me looking over my shoulder and staying closer to the dog at night.
The pictures are graphic...but you can't say I didn't warn you.
Rick

they might want to box that porch in,other varmits like to get under them,especially sick ones or others like to give birth there.i guess you or your neighbors scared the mountain lion before it finished it's meal.

Dave,
The house has been empty for a year....in foreclosure so the bank owns it....just another victim of the mortgage crisis.
I must have scared it off when I took the dog for a walk
Rick

Here he is in the back of our Kubota RTV>

[attachment 118878 cougar-002.jpg]

Calm seas

Mikie

There is a very small but growing population here. I have only seen 1 in my life. They are protected here....but I don't think that would stop me if I found one close to my home

n/t