Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Prayers Please!!! After the blessing Easter Sunday, satan came and tried...

Ma Betty in MO

to knock me off my feet with a trial that only upset me briefly....I rec my Water Bill in the mail and it is 3 times higher than it should be for 3 months (Jan, Feb & March water usage) States I used 30 more 100 cu ft of water than normal with the previous billing estimated and why estimated when it is read by the Water Co by remote reading! I know why they do that, for the Sewer Company bases their charges on what water is used for Jan, Feb & March of each year with the charges increased according to the water usage increase, so my sewer bill would be going up 3 X $20 plus (my charge now every 3 months) which would be $60.00 or more...they do this every year before the new charge starts the first of July!

I called the Water Co and the young gal answering the phone, kept saying I totally understand to everything I said and this ticked me off but I was nice to her....just said she doesn't wear my shoes, so did not understand....just repeating what the higher officials want her to say! She wanted me to go around checking for leaks and inspecting my pipes, commodes, faucets, showers and etc for leaks! I told her I didn't have any leaks or I would see or hear the water running! I have one leaky hot water faucet in the kitchen, which I have had for several years and never had a high water bill because of it....I just put it over the dishpan and use the water for soaking and washing dishes, by adding more hot water! No toilets are leaking...one is flushing itself a little now, but just started, so not on the previous reading! She thought my water meter was leaking and I said if it was, I would have a wet basement and the paneling around it would be ruined! I've had it leak before when Cliff was with me and the plumber repacked it and showed Cliff how to do it, should it happen again...but he is gone now to be able to do that, if it did happen again! The meter is supposed to be changed every 10 years and it has been more like 15 to 20 years since changed! I believe it is the meter that is bad and registering wrong or the remote isn't working correctly now! Anyway, the service man is coming Thurs and of course nothing could be wrong with their equipment! HA! A T & T thought the same thing when they had to replace the remote to the Computer and TV! Grrrr!

I told her I wasn't paying the bill (but did say later that I would pay $50.00 which is about the normal billing) and she insinuated there would be late chgs and I said NO firmly...I wouldn't do that (unless it is my fault and beyond their control) and would call the BBB and others in the gov't about the unfairness they would be doing.....greed for money is what it is.....wanted me to do the work and not pay for their service men to come and check it out, but they are because I said, I am a Senior Citizen in poor health and with COPD and Osteoarthritis I am not going to do the searching and checking! I may be an older lady, but I wasn't born yesterday and know more than this young gal does and might not ever! I was kind to her but firm and wouldn't bow to her wishes or rather the Water Co, as she is just an employee trying to do and keep her job!

Okay, I was blessed and then satan came in like a Liberal Democrat Mule and kicked me in the stomach with both feet! But prayers and living righteously will defeat that old devil! When this trial is over, another blessing will be there for me or for me to bless others! Glory Hallelujah our God is great! Amen! :angel: Ma

It was leaking water slowly from the Ball not doing what was needed to shut off the water into the tank....I couldn't get the shutoff valve to turn (where is a strong man when ya need one? :lol: ), so I used a screwdriver to keep the Ball lifted high enough for no water flowing into tank....don't go down there often and don't use the commode often, so didn't know the problem it was causing and now I've got a Big Bill to pay and also a plumber to fix the problems I have with a dripping faucet and getting new fixings inside two other tanks before they create a problem also.....they all have been in there for a long time and so like me, they deteriorate and don't work as they should or once did! I have to call the Water Company and cancel the service order and call the Realtor who is supposed to come next week and check my house and see what it would bring after repairs are all done! I realized I have a lot more to do to get this place in order with basement and garage cleaning...so I may run out of money before the house is ready to sell and sold! Therefore, blushing and embarrassed Ma needs prayer for human strength and wisdom! :blush: :blush: Thanks for listening and understanding...Ma sure is a mess and need more of God's help for sure! Thanks everyone for your prayers and Thank You, God, for giving me more wisdom and helping my mind to thank and be used better for myself and for Your glory! Amen! :angel: Ma

Sometimes if you explain to them that you had a leak and didn't know it they will adjust your bill or at least they will here where I live. Wouldn't hurt to try.

I know it will all work out. Jer. 29:11

done, I am to call them and they will adjust my bill and also let the Sewer Co know, so that my adjusted bill won't cause me a higher sewer bill! The lady I talked to, said I am a good customer and will work with me on the bill I owe now by reducing charges and even any late charges if I don't pay it in full now, which I don't need to do so, but I probably will as I am drawing the rest of my savings out of the bank and with the necessary repairs that need done to sell my home quicker, that money won't last long and then I will be up a creek without a paddle, so to speak! :lol: Thank the Lord He is with me and will see me through all this until I can either buy a trailer or motor home and move down by Carolyn's and then a place, if we can afford to do so, after hers is sold and her ill hubby has passed away or moved on to be with his family! Life is a guessing game, but Praise God for Jesus and the work He does in our lives, for He won't leave nor forsake His own, but we must ask in believing faith to receive, but if we doubt we may and most likely will do, without, or at least a lot longer to learn patience and to depend upon Jesus more and more! Amen! May God Bless you and yours! :angel: Ma

n/t