Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Poor email communication

nudels

Anyone else get poor email communication from Tesoro? I've emailed twice, and goose eggs both times.

Call. You can talk directly to James or Vince. If they are busy, they will call you back.

Dan

Calling is great, but typing leaves little to be mis-understood, you can attach pictures or diagrams, and a typed letter is the preferred way to explain to a tech how to duplicate a problem, not a phone call or audio tape. It's also easier to initiate and respond via email, as it doesn't depend on both people being available at the exact same time.

I did call once and get an answer once, but I had to wait 2 weeks till I had an off day that I could take the time to call and talk to someone about the issue.

I'm just curious as to how many others have had issues with emailing the corp?

First of all I want to make clear I have nothing but positive things to say about Tesoro's customer service based on my experience. From what I've seen, virtually everybody who has dealt with Tesoro has positive things to say.

I keep seeing posts about Tesoro not answering or being slow to answer emails. Personally, I would rather call than e-mail. And when I called and asked for James Gifford they put him on the phone right away. If you need to communicate with Tesoro, don't keep beating your head against the wall sending emails. Just pick up the phone and call.

Of course in the 21st century e-mail is a way of life. I'm a little surprised that a company with such otherwise great customer service doesn't dedicate someone to deal with their email in a timely manner.

I've done both. Usually the email response takes considerably longer. I don't know how many emails they have to wade thru, but I'm betting it's a bunch. BTW, I found that several of the other companies are quite slow in returning emails as well. All in all, Tesoro is hard to beat for their support.
HH
BB

I just sent 1 e-mail and never followed up. From the sounds of it Tesoro has the best and most honored warranty in the business. Also I think the founder of the company answering a phone call from a customer is the kind of customer service that is very hard to find now days.

Tesoro is number 1 when it comes to customer service. There are very few companies left where you can call and talk to the owner. I sent in a Tejon I bought used. They repaired it and paid the return postage. Given the fact that we live in a disposable goods society I would have to say Tesoro outshines them all. Try getting someone to fix your stove, air conditioner, television or metal detector that you bought 2 years ago. I can live with the slow email.

If that is the case, why bother posting an email contact, their website should just say "here's our email but if you expect a response.... cal xxx-xxx-xxxx cause we just ignore emails, so don't bother!

OK got it!

Has anyone requested and received a copy of the Tesoro MDI, 21st Edition, shown in the attached pic ?

Todd

marcomo said:
First of all I want to make clear I have nothing but positive things to say about Tesoro's customer service based on my experience. From what I've seen, virtually everybody who has dealt with Tesoro has positive things to say.

I keep seeing posts about Tesoro not answering or being slow to answer emails. Personally, I would rather call than e-mail. And when I called and asked for James Gifford they put him on the phone right away. If you need to communicate with Tesoro, don't keep beating your head against the wall sending emails. Just pick up the phone and call.

Of course in the 21st century e-mail is a way of life. I'm a little surprised that a company with such otherwise great customer service doesn't dedicate someone to deal with their email in a timely manner.

Amen to that last paragraph ! Unless I need the flexibility of a verbal exchange, I personally prefer putting routine matters in writing. That way, I have a record of exactly what I said, the party contacted, and the date. Easier for me to keep track, and follow-ups, if necessary, can be done in a timely manner.

The slow-to-no reaction of Tesoro to E-mails has been going on for a long time. I experienced it last year and a Tesoro dealer told me that the retirement of a key senior office employee could be the problem. I'm surprised too, that it is still an issue.

Todd :)