Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Police officer shot and killed in San Antonio today........................

Kelley (Texas)

This is just the reason that I wish that my son was not a detective on the police force. Kelley (Texas) :)

San Antonio Police Detective Killed in Gun Battle
Last Update: 6:50 pm

A gun battle in the parking lot of a crowded apartment complex near the Medical Center has left a San Antonio police detective and a suspect dead. The shooting started at about 1:30pm Friday at the Villas at St. Moritz Apartments near Babcock and Medical Drive.

Chief William McManus says undercover officers from the department's Repeat Offender Program were staking out a suspect in a domestic violence shooting Thursday in the apartment parking lot.

"The woman who had been shot came to us and told us that she would help us find him," McManus said. "The plan was for the suspect to meet her in the parking lot and we would arrest him at that time." The woman shot in the leg in Thursday was the suspect's girlfriend.

But the suspect apparently spotted police and turned and ran through the parking lot, with several officers pursuing him.

McManus tells WOAI that Detective Mario Moreno, 37, began chasing the suspect on foot. During the foot chase, the suspect turned and unloaded a shotgun blast into the face of Detective Moreno. The other officers on the scene returned fire, killing the suspect.

McManus said Detective Moreno was taken by ambulance to University Hospital, where he later died. Moreno has been with the SAPD for more than 10 years working with the department's Repeat Offender Program. He leaves behind his wife and two children - one age five and the other just months old.

"This is a stark wake up call for all of us about how dangerous it is to be out here with these type of suspects," McManus said. "I am heartbroken."

Dealing with the worst in a society that seems to have no respect for anything is a thankless dangerous job.Even in small towns violent crimes are becoming common.We had a officer shot here just last week after pulling over a 18 year old kid on a traffic stop! The kid attacked the officer and tried to take his gun away from him.....during the struggle the weapon went off hitting the officer in the leg.He was lucky it wasn't worse....All this over a traffic ticket! Makes you wonder what our world has come to.:sad:

much worry i am sure. He chose to serve his fellow citizens and i applaud him! If we did not worry about our children we would be the bad guys.

n/t

n/t

Police officers never get the credit they deserve though........they see the worst daily. I'll keep your son's safety in my thoughts and prayers !

Dennis and two other detectives were chasing a drug suspect though some back yards and finally cornered him. As they approached the suspect, the home owner came out of the house with a gun and drew down on Dennis...he thought that Dennis and the two detectives were the bad guys. He actually pulled the trigger and Dennis heard the click. They later found out that there were only two bullets in the home owner's gun and he had pulled the trigger on an empty cylinder. Dennis was getting ready to pull the trigger on his gun when one of the other detectives slammed the home owner to the ground. No charges were filed against the home owner. The home owner filed a complaint stating that he felt that excess force was used against him...nothing ever came of the complaint. I would give anything if Dennis would choose another career, one not related to any facet of law enforcement. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

That's as close as it gets. I'd be worried sick about him too, if I were you but I'm guessing he won't listen to you anyways. Probably loves what he's doing ? That's frightening just hearing about it let alone living it or it happening to a son. I'm quite serious when I say I'll keep him in my prayers.........and thank him for doing a far too little appreciated job. :)

n/t