Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PLEASE HELP!!!

sacul

Hi! How do you keep the Sovereign meter from slipping out of the "V" mount?? Is there some trick besides regular tape or pieces of foam tape?? I tried these and they are still not reliable solutions!! Much appreciated! Thanks! Dave

Are you pushing it all the way on until it clicks in place? If you look close you will see on the V clip on the shaft will have a couple of small V (notches) on the widest end of the clip and on the meter you will see a couple of Male V that when slid on all the way will fit into those notches on the shaft clip. This should lock it in place and to remove it I found by lifting up slightly on the bottom of the front (face side)of the meter to release those little notches out of the V and tapping the back of the meter it will slide right back out.
Some don't release those little clips if it was locked on and will either break the little lock on clips or round them off so it wont stay in the little Vs

Good luck
Rick

Yea, it's a real pain to get the meter to snap into it's final spot on the V-clip. I have to push really hard and lift up on the front of the meter at the same time to get it into the little part where it clicks into place. Taking it apart isn't fun either. I ended up slipping and taking a good portion of skin off my finger when it finally popped free.

Hey Muggsc, I see you have a 12x10 for your GT. How heavy is the minerals in your area and do you find the 12x10 in that soil to be deeper than the 10"? Most say the 12x10 is deeper just like the 15x12 but I'm trying to pin down if that is only in low to moderate soils where the machine isn't seeing too much ground matrix. How about a performance report on that coil. What's the deepest you've dug a coin on land with it and what else do you feel it does better than the stock 10".