Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

please help with I.D on these rocks and minerals please

stoll78

hi bit stuck on identifying these rocks i have an idea to an extend but not confident enough to say it is what i think it is. but here is my thoughts haha.
the black stone very light like lave rock, found this whilst metal detecting and i was surprised to pick a rock up with my metal detector a section is none detectable as the area on the rock with the silver coloured minerals on is detectable, would like to know what those minerals are.
the red rock again feels light but heavier due to the mineral formation on it. has a rough crisp feel to it similar to to the larva rock.
the 2 black stones are very heavy for their size, has a metallic feel to it and i noticed whilst washing them the red inner is like chalk. it gets wet and disolves in water wasn't sure if its safe. not sure if it hematite but i have not seen any images on line with the red chalk.
im guessing the warty looking rock could be some kind of fossilisation going on .
if you could please tell me how wrong or correct i am that would be of great help
thank you

Attachments

• IMG_7447.JPG
    IMG_7447.JPG
    406.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7455.JPG
    IMG_7455.JPG
    280.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7473.JPG
    IMG_7473.JPG
    543.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7474.JPG