Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Please help, have important question.

newtohunting

Loving every bit of my GT. Finding great stuff but I do use discrimination only as the manual specifies. I only set descimination to NOTCH 3 as for the beginners as described in manual. My question is simply this. I did air test the GT with 10kt and other gold objects. It did very well, but at notch 3, am I giving up small gold or even gold for that matter? Can I rely on the air test with gold on notch 3 descrimination.

Thanks hunting friends for all info and responses.

Gary

You could miss some really small stuff with your discrimination set low. Probably not much.
When you set discrimination that low, there is not really much stuff that gets discriminated out. You might as well just turn it all the way down since there won't be all that much junk in that range.

If you are beach hunting, you would want to dig it. Not worth the trouble for dirt hunting.

You can pretty much trust air tests for discrimination settings with the GT if the object is flat, however.......
you need to try the object at a multitude of angles rather than just flat. You tend to get lower readings if an object is on edge. You can disc out good things this way .

HH

yea , just to be on the safe side I use no notch no disc .......this way you cna hear it and determine if you think it may be small gold or foil ....even with a small amount of disc or notch you can conceiveably miss a target next to the ''notched out'' item and as you discovered you may in fact miss smaller gold items ....this way the only thing that will make the threshold disapear is iron or a really really dep coin .......good luck

Thanks for the info. However, do you hunt in all metal then? I dig everything on the beach and still use discrim at the second dot but I dig anything that has a high tone or low tone like foil.