Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Playground Silver

Kipper

Hi, this is my first post to the forum as the weather in Central NY has still been very winter like. But today it was warm enough to venture out for an hour to a local elementary school playground.
I was pleasantly surprised with a nice 1961 D Silver dime, as well as 5 quarters, 5 other dimes 1 nickel and 4 pennies. I also detected a (pewter?) wizard head and eyed a star wars figure. So all in all not a bad start to my 2008 season :) Today I was using a Garrett AT3 machine. I also use a GTI 1500 and have several other Garretts. I love to detect swimming areas when I get the chance.

Nice hunt there! You paid for you batteries plus got a silver! I too love swimming beaches and holes.

Yo Kipper, can you post any pics? Nice finds.

An AT3? Man that is a blast from the past! Good on you, mate.

I love the AT3! I also have 2 AT4s. a GTI 1500 and probably a couple of freedom aces as well. My wife uses the ace 150 and my son has an AT3 as well. I have detected a 1794 large cent at over 6 inches with the AT3. I know it like the back of my hand and hope it keeps working for a long time to come. I take it you are a Christian by your CS lewis quote. We are to!! I praise God for the good finds and the not so good ones. It has been a great hobby to enjoy. I will upload some pics when I figure out how to get them the right size. I hae cropped, and decreased pixsdels, but they are still to big. Any suggestions??? Thanks and God Bless... Kip...:)

Keep reducing the pixel size. Once youve saved a pic, RIGHT click it and a menu pulldown will open; at the bottom is an option labeled 'properties'.
If you select that it will tell you how large it is. If its still too big, open it in your editing program and do it again until it gets down to size. After a while youll get a feel for thecorrect dimensions.

From the land of the Bluenose.....nice to see folks getting out and finding some silver. Love me old Garretts and starting to wear them out. Have a pair of Freedom 3 Pluses and considerthatthe best machine Garrett has made...have a spare one in your closet for sale? Thanks for sharing!

I believe the Freedom 3 and the AT3 have the same circuitry. I agree, great machines, easy to use, decent depth capabilities and yes they still work after all these years!

I will keep trying.... will figure it out some day. Thanks for the suggestion. Kip...:)

Well I think it worked. Hope you can make something out in the picture. Hope to get better at this picture adding stuff. Lots of cold rain today, no detecting :(

I dug around 5000 coins before I found my first silver dime. Great going.

Chris

Those are great finds. I wonder if that silver dime was recent drop. I found one in a bark lot. No way had it been sitting since the 60's. Some kid probably poached it from Daddy's collection. Nice job on the pictures. They are just the right size for easy viewing. I like the Merlin looking dude.

I agree, the silver dime had to be a recent drop. It was only down an inch or two in the pine bark. I have hit this playground many times over the years and it was the first silver coin found there. Some kid probably got into their parents coinage that they were not supposed to touch. Maybe their will be more of it.......:twodetecting:
I think the figure is a bounty hunter called Bobbo Fet (or something like that). Some of the figures can be pretty valuable, but not with a broken hand. Thanks for the encopuragement. Kip...:)

[size=medium]Hi Kip, Welcome to the forum! What part of central NY are you near? Very historical area. I am currently researching Sullivans Campaign from 1779 that came through a large portion of central NY. Nice photo, great job! Tim[/size]

[quote Kipper]Well I think it worked. Hope you can make something out in the picture. Hope to get better at this picture adding stuff. Lots of cold rain today, no detecting :([/quote]

Nice clone trooper, Kipper.