Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Plantation hunt Along river road.

Relic$Hunter

Had a great day hunting a old Plantation site no silver but plenty of old Tokens.
With help of my hunting buddy and a minelab explorer 2 it was a beautiful day in southern Louisiana!

That's a nice haul of tokens in hand there - sure wouldn't break my heart to find that and no silver - WTG!:thumbup:

Hey guy's this is my first time to film digging so don't laugh too much but here it is digging one of the tokens pictured.
Enjoy.John K.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYYsTrGzY6I

This was kind of fun filming and posting on youtube if its ok with you guy's I might try some more on my next hunt and post them!
Wish I would have had the video cam when I found my Officers belt plate.....LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti02NgCH8nw

Make some more. Those old plantation coins is kinda like our version of colonial coppers...Nice Finds..HH..LaDigger

n/t

Nice lot of tokens and I really enjoyed the videos. If you don't already have a copy, I recommend the book " Louisiana Trade Tokens" (2nd edition) by Louis Crawford and Glyn Farber (1996). This is an excellent reference and gives descriptions and rarities of LA tokens and some histories of the businesses that used them as well as information about the lumber, cotton and sugar industries. I'm not sure where you can get a copy - you can try looking on Google or eBay or Amazon.com. I tried to id some of your tokens but I could not make out the wording on the ones you pictured. Great hunting and thanks for sharing your finds.

Enjoyed the vids 2! My son's name is Kaleb too.