Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Planning an Easter Egg Hunt

For Christmas I bought my four grandsons each age appropriate metal detectors. We have a pond with a sandy beach. I bought a bunch of plastic eggs that I'm going to fill with coins and candy and bury them in the beach. Then they will have to metal detect to find them. (Weather permitting) Do you think it will work?

It sounds like fun to me. I wanna come and hunt eggs too.

Yes, SIS Digger, & watch them run when they find coins in those eggs--Could give them the fever, if they found it easy to dig them for awhile until they DIG IT, for sure! SIS Ma Betty

its possible some may get stepped on and they may pop open but will still be able to find them. Maybe tape them shut? Neat idea.

I didn't think about them stepping on them.

They're already into sports and they love fishing. The whole family has been learning a little Ohio history every time we find something.

Maybe you can find someone to hide coin filled eggs for you? :lol:

Hi SIS Digger, your plastic egg hunt with money reminded me of my neighbor and her family hiding eggs in the Common Ground next to my house in South County of St. Louis, Mo. She & her sisters & their families placed different amounts of Dollar Bills in their plastic eggs & being Catholic they knew many Brothers of their faith & they would give large bills like $50.00 worth & etc. When the kids found an egg & opened it they would yell out how much that was in the egg--I was watching from my kitchen window by myself but I said, Hey, let me out there! :lol: :thumbup: