Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pipointer

brrttpaul

hi all can anyone recomend some pinpointers im thinking of getting one but there seems loads about also looked on ebay and theres some really cheap hand held ones are these the same sort of thing or are they really cheap and nasty stuff ive only seen 3 diff ones in the uk ranging from

Paul,I use a White's Bullseye 140mm and it works great.My recovery time for targets have improved,and it just makes it a lot more easy to recover coins.A pinpointer is great tool and hunters that use them can't understand why they didn't use one sooner.Searching without a pinpointer is like watching a TV without a remote. HH Ron

I use the Sun Ray inline probe that mounts on your detector and uses the detector's power source. It also utilizes and works in conjunction with your detector features, such as, depth, ID, discrimination, and pinpoint. You can even detect shallow coins with it, scan walls and other places for stashes. You can use it to pick up coins close to metal playground eqipment that you can't touch with your detector coil.

Bill

I agree with Sundance on all points made. I have a Vibra-Probe and a Bullseye and I find myself using the Bullseye the most. Also I would never watch TV without a remote!!!

It mounts on the detector and plugs into the control box and becomes part of the whole system and the probe acts just like your detector coil - a one inch diameter coil.

Bill

Hey Paul,
I have the Whites Bulls eye, a kelly-co Automax, a sun ray. I like them all, I also swap out the stock coil (at the machine, on the fly) with a small coil for a 'smart' pinpointer. I hold the coil in my hand and keep it in the pouch when not in use. Deep large targets are located best in the hole with a small coil-but you don't have to go to the trouble of mounting it! For shallow/near proximity/handheld depth, I like the Automax best- it has a long probe and I find it most sensitive. The sunray works great but adds weight to the unit- three inches is not impressive for depth on small targets. The bulls-eye is small, pocketable and has a light. My choice in order of pref:
*Buy a small coil for the potholes/anywhere/anytime.Make it a probe!
*Get an Automax for all-around perfomance.
*Bulls-eye for smallest carry-along.
*Sun ray for,...short sessions :Note, there is a failure at the entrance to the probe that develops after a while and it will false. Then you will have to contact the MFGr, and that is not sun ray!
I modified the automax-shortened the handle to balance against my palm while adjusting sens. This is a one-handed operation and is fast-you will make changes to sens often for best performance. A small factory coil will be the most sensative, best depth, smart 'probe'you can get. Or, you can do what i did and buy them all! hihi!
Cheers.