Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pinpointing

kodiakusa

Hi all, just got the Quick Draw ll and actually got to use it once so far, (snow) I Had a really strong signal but couldn't find the target? I wasn't sure if you use the outer edges of the coil or the middle? it didn't really say in the manual. any suggestions would be appreciated thanks..

the verey middle of the coil is where you need to dig, this info should be in your man. read it over agian, and also any detector can some times give a false signal, each det., is a little different , its just a learning proccess you know? if you get a repeating signal then go over it till you know where the center is then dig there. happy hunting! scott charp:twodetecting:

also, when you are sweeping across, lock your eyes on the ground in the center of the coil immediately when you hear the beep, keeping your eyes locked in that spot on the ground as the coil continues to pass. I also like to move 90 degrees from the direction i first got the signal from, then find the signal again from that side. After finding it again, you should now have formed a big mental X on the ground and your target should be in the very center of the X. If that doesn't work, i have an old duck call that i modified and tuned just for coins, now they come crawling out of the ground voluntarily.

i have an old duck call that i modified and tuned just for coins, now they come crawling out of the ground voluntarily.

I have an old turkey call to modify.....for Turkish coins....lol :rolleyes:

well kodiakusa, your're on the right path. the very center of the coil on the qd2 is where you want to dig. iv'e got a qd2 as well, it's a good machine so long as the coil itself doesn't get wet. if a signal won't repeat, then it's a dud. if it sounds crackly around the edges of the beep, it's likely steel or tin junk. if the beep blows up your headphones, then it's probably a beer can or the like. good advice from all three fellas. chances are when you've "lost" the target, it's almost always at the top inside of the hole or in your dirt mound. next time that happens, turn your disc. all the way down and do a quick re-sweep. it just takes time and some practice, but i'm sure you'll get there. hope these little tips on the qd2 will help. have you thought about building a simple coin garden? hh,

Thanks for the tips ! I will be putting them all to use very soon. I do appreciate it very much ! I will be putting together my test garden this weekend and I'm sure I'll be able to learn quite a bit from this. I will say that being able to jump on the forum train is GREAT, knowing that help is just a few clicks away.. I look forward to sending pics and exciting stories of my hunts up here in Maine. As well as hearing And seeing all yours, Thanks again all.
Kodiak.