Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pinpointing

I've been using a friends T2 for a couple of weeks now just to try it out. For me the pinpointing is difficult. There is a toggle under the housing to aid in pinpointing. I found that you have to really slowly work it to get right on the spot. The first several plugs I dug were off. I still miss a few now but it's workable.
The machine loves rusty bottle caps. My bounty hunter ignored them, the T2 does not ignore them...lol

I find it very easy to pinpoint with, using the directions in the manual. The pinpoint mode (activated by pulling the trigger) is super sensitive and so picks up on targets even if they are off to side quite easily. In fact to really zero in on the target I have to detune the detector, by positioning the coil so it is almost over the target before I pull the trigger. This makes it much easier to really zero in on the target. Using the detuning method as described in the manual lets me almost always end up with the target right in the center of the plug or hole.

thanks for the help now i think i'll go out and get me one of those t2's all i want is a little more depth than my bounty hunter 2200 , rather than getting the bh3300 i will get the t2 instead thanks ill show you some pics of my first outting when i get it (im from buffalo ny so all there is here to hunt are old farm houses and such no real relics or gold around here

n/t

When you go over the target..and you have decided you want to dig..Move your coil over just off of the place where target id's at say just right of it about 8 inches..Depress your pinpoint switch and move back over where you hit the target.. Move coil, back and forth front to back listen for loudest tone..Then a little wiggle side to side and your will be dead center of the coil..Your target will be straight down. If you have to detune you can do that as you move forward and back with the coil...

I painted the manufacturer mark on the top center of the coil with white paint. That seems to be the sweet spot. The hardest signal for me to pinpoint is a dime on edge but everything else is right on. The depth reading for a quarter is real close where the reading for a dime or penny is a little shallower than shown. Like you deerslayer, I had the 2200 before I upgraded to the T2. There is no comparison. The T2 will amaze you with the number of targets it detects but after you become accustomed to it go over the same areas you did with the 2200 and see how much you find.