Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pinpointing with the X70

Ok here goes,
Pinpointing seems to be a bit confusing with my X70.
When trying to pinpoint on a small object like a dime,3grn gold nugget or a small gold ring the screen will show all bars indicating the target centered in coil,but the noise level is not at its strongest"the two do not correspond together". It also has the opposite effect when the noise response is highest the bars say otherwise.This is very frustrating.

You got me to thinking about it. I thought I was doing it like the manual but I don't really see my method in the manual. The bars you are speaking of must be the depth indicator. So the deeper it seems, the lower the sound. I'm guessing you may want to find the min depth. I always assumed that when the inter circle closed up, you had it pinpointed. But I don't see that method described. Does anyone else use the inter circle closing to be the pin point?

Yes you use the circle to pin point. When the inner circle is full you are centered on the coin. The bars are strictly for depth. Jim

I do not use pinpointing. I just locate and visualize where the center of the target is from left to right then go to that center spot and go away from there and back across, forming a 90

In my brief time as an X70 owner, I will say the pinpoint features is the most accurate I've ever seen.

But in the same light, it also pinpoints very rapidly and accurately with the X-ing technique, so I'm using the pinpoint less all the time.

I learned to use a metal detector without a pinpointing feature and old habits are hard to break. I tried to use the pinpoint feature on the X-Terra but I just liked the old way of doing it better. Kelley (Texas) :)