Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointing with the ECLIPSE DEEPSCAN DD 1400

LuckLarry

I did some experimenting today, as I have been a little confused now and then when using this coil. I decided to pinpoint and item with the coil very carefully. I then placed the coil on the ground and traced the shape of the coil on the ground before digging the target.
By careful use of the pinpointer and digging tool I determined that the pinpoint spot was just above the letter "i" in Eclipse on the the front of the label. I tested this carefully several times and things got a lot better.

BUT WAIT !! Don't stop reading yet. After hunting a while longer I noticed that I was not finding the target again. Quite by accident I discovered what was happening with this coil. There are two places on the coil that will read out a pinpoint. The front and the back both will pinpoint.

If this is not known by the user, this could cause a person to sell the coil or toss it on a shelf. I have read of several people that have done just that. I know I had planned to do so as well. But after discovering this new detail I tried something new. For the rest of the day whenever I got a hit, I backed the coil toward me until I was certain the target was under the forward hot spot of the coil, and my whole view of this tool changed. I could then locate the target by seeing it as a dot of the I on the coil. Whew I came close to tossing that thing. Maybe some one else might pull theirs out of retirement and try again. I have a feeling I am not the first to discover this about this coil. Does anyone know where I might read more on it's use?

Larry, When you locate a target, move the coil off to the side a little bit and pull they trigger.. Doing that will detune the coil and make the target area that the coil "sees"
smaller each time... After 3-4 times, machine will go quite when you move off target... target should be in center of coil... Takes about 5 minutes to get it down pat... Have fun,
RichardnTn