Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pinpointing with silver umax- pinpointers

findit

What is the best way to pinpoint on the silver being it has no pinpoint button like on my c or v? Also does anyone use a pinpionter and are they usefull and worth the money?

Most people make several Xes each smaller than the one before. Where the lines intersect is the spot to dig. Also, I believer if you push the switch to all metal, you will get an audible signal while the coil is centered over the target. As to pin pointers, personally never go without one. Very helpfull when small targets are the color of the soil or in the side of the hole. I've found they speed up my recovery considerably.
HH
Bill

Bill's right - it's an easy and accurate machine to X with and that all metal switch makes it even better. With practice, you can usually dig very small plugs with this machine. I use a Whites Bullseye pinpointer and it works well - gets endless operation on only one 9volt.

ian

works well X-ing that a pinpoint button is not needed.
Agree with pinpointer - don't always need one, but sure is great at the times one could be used.

No pinpoint button on the Cortes, I have never had any trouble pinpointing. I use the X-ing technique as others above. I do use a pinpointer to speed finding the target in the spoils or hole. I used a home-made one at first and it did a wonderful job, it was simply physically too big to carry around all the time. I purchased a used Teknetics (BH) pinpointer off ebay for $20.00. It works fine on one 9v battery.