Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointing with SE PRO

metaltaylor4

I just bought an SE Pro and am trying to learn how to use it. When it reads a target, is it reading from the front, back, or center of the coil? Because I don't know where to dig because I am not used to the 11 inch coil. Thanks.

I use the wiggle method from Andys book. the hot part of the coil is a approximate 2" inch strip where the two rings in your coil overlap. wiggle the coil until the target is centered and you get a bing bing bing bing when wiggling. then slowly back the coil (while wiggling) up until the binging stops and then the target is right off the front of your coil.

Jason illinois said:
I use the wiggle method from Andys book. the hot part of the coil is a approximate 2" inch strip where the two rings in your coil overlap. wiggle the coil until the target is centered and you get a bing bing bing bing when wiggling. then slowly back the coil (while wiggling) up until the binging stops and then the target is right off the front of your coil.
And when you get to the point that Jason mentions, you can also use the pinpoint function on the SE to further narrow down where your target is located by listening for the loudest tone under the coil. Gold Nuggets:wiggle:

I think of a line down the center of my coil,if i get a signal,i mentally note where the coil is when it beeps.
Then i turn 90 degrees and sweep along the first line!
I dig where the two lines come together!
I never use pinpoint on the machine,just me!

LabradorBob

I almost always hit my targets dead on . I do sometimes turn 90 degrees and pinpoint for more accuracy

In trashy areas the pinpoint will pinpoint what ever metal is closest and if that happens I end up digging a giant hole and wasting a lot of time. I have had problems and it is frustrating I stopped using pinpoint in trashy areas the wiggle thing is all i need to pop something out with the least effort. With the wiggle method you just need a small sliver of ground that is not trashy to back the coil onto.

Not the pro but maybe help some...just click image