Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointing with 4x6 Eclipse

stikman

Went out with the 4x6 for the first time today and enjoyed it. I assumed that I would have to pinpoint from 2 different sides to narrow down the location of my target, but that really didn't seem to be the case. It seemed as if the highest tone was always smack dab under the very center of the coil as if it was concentric. Was this just luck? I was under the impression that the DD coils always read the same the entire length of the coil.

Try this. HH Dennis in Idaho

Both the 4x6 shooter and the 10" D2 I have, pinpoint just in front of clevis. I actually find the D2 easier to pinpoint with than the Super 12, strange as that may seem.

I usually pin point my DD coils like Dennis showed. What GPSnoopy says is also true. Rob

I have played with my 6X10 and 4X6 a lot and do not find the pinpoint off the tip or tail. Usually just a small bit forward or rearward of the center near the clevis as others have mentioned.
HH
BB

I ALWAYS pinpoint smack dab in the middle of this coil and never have a problem. Coin size targets come out in the plug. IMO this coil is the easiest to pinpoint. I know most people don't use the middle of this coil to pinpoint but I always have.

I use the 4X6 Eclipse frequently. It is very easy to pinpoint three different ways. Move the pin pointer mode back and forth over the target. till you get the loudest sound. Then swing the detector very slightly left and right to make sure you are getting the loudest signal. You will be just below the rod bracket on the coil. Now you can also find the loudest pinpoint sound and slide the coil back until the sound just quits your target will be just in front of the coil if you like to pinpoint this way. Or slide the coil in pinpoint mode forward and the target will be in the very back of the coil. Most double D coils will work this way.

[size=x-large]I pin point with the 6 X 10 and the 4.5 X 7 Excelerator right off the front tip...........:detecting:....that seems to work best for me.....:thumbup:[/size]