Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointer

kennymill

Greetings,

Can you all suggest a pinpointer to purchase please? I am new at this game and don't want to purchase a unit that doesn't work well. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Kenny
http://guidinglightministry.com

Pinpointers. I have both the Bullseye and the Bulseye II models and allthough i haven't had the opportunity to field test the Bullseye II i can say that so far the Bullseye has served me well. From what i've been reading in the forums though i tend to believe that there are other models(brands) that do perform better.My Bullseye enables me to get within 2 inches of my target, in my opinion that is close enough to safely locate and dig target without fear of damage to it.The Bullseye II fetures an LED light now that should be great for eveining and even night time diggin.It also gives the option of sound and or vibration whereas the Bullseye does both with no choice.I have lately become curious about the Vibraprobe but as of yet haven't done any research or asked any questions.Hope this helps Ken.
PS, i will say this Ken. A good pinpointer is a must if for no other reason than to help find those very small and very elusive targets that can jist drive ya nuts tryin to find 'em.The real reason though is to prevent dammage to a potentialy valuable coin.

:shocked:I dont use a pinpointer-I just dig a hole big enough to hide the Titanic in,then I:rofl:.....NO,not really-with enough experience,you can tell the size and approximate depth and location with the pin-point mode on your detector-although;ther HAVE been times a hand-held unit would have come in handy...

What machine are you using? The very best is the Sunray target probes that work on specific machines. The Vibraprobes are good. I have used a Merlin for years and I loved it. After you use one you will wonder how you did without it!

Mike

as apposed to the small hand helds that are used for locating a target in the hole ?

Mike,

I just got a Garrett ACE 250, the pinpointer on the unit works great, but I am thinking a pinpointer while digging will work much better. So far I am very pleased with the 250 a great little yellow unit.

Kenny

Jim,

Yes I am looking for a pinpointer that will pinpoint in the hole I am digging.

Kenny

that there is a Sunray for the 250 yet. I would go with a Merlin if you can find one!

Both the Sunray and the Vibraprobes are used after the hole is dug. The Vibraprobe is used just like any hand held, and the sunray is connected to your detector. You flip a switch after the hole is dug and your coil is shut off and the probe is now on. You move it around in the hole to find your target. The nice thing about the probe is that it tells you exactly what your coil does! It even discriminates! :)