Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PinPointer Advise

candycane

I am going to purchase a pinpointer soon and would like to know what brand people are useing.

I have a DetectorPro Pocket UniProbe. Up to 6" on a coin. Luv it. If I had to relpace it I'd be looking at DetectorPro Pistol Probe. Both are PI machines.
Dave

I also run the Garrett Pro pointer. I really like it. Very well made and hits pretty deep. I am getting Quarters at 2-3" down. Nice to make even smaller holes, Beale.

The Garrett Pro-Pointer is about the best out there and built like a tank. Go over to the Findmall Garrett Forum ( my forum ) and read the field tests on it and the posts by folks who have bought one. . Over 12,000 people have already read them. It's the hottest selling pointer out there right now, and my forum and these tests are number one on Google.

Bill

I have them all and think the Detector Pro uniprobe is the most versatile out there it's only hot on the tip, between the pocket version and headset I like the headset unit. Next for machine specific use the Sun Ray probe reads off the screen of the machine very handy and highly rated. The pistol probe has fantastic depth amazing power but is hot along the shaft which makes finding the target more difficult. The Garrett unit is more weather proof and a decent unit but again hot along the shaft, turn on and go nothing wrong about it. For water hunting I use the Vibraprobe 570 helps to tag the target in the screen with mud and gravel.
Dan

Do not buy White's Bullseye pinpoint ,they have problems with switch button,after a few uses,I have returned 3 to White's for replacement ,NH ANDY

The Garrett Propointer does the job for me, built tough, nice and sensitive and since it is sensitive along its whole length you can search a hole or dirt pile fast and then localize the target with the point.

Go with the Pro-Pointer. It's automatic so there are no knobs to wear out, and can be detuned so you can use it beside playground equipment.

You hold the Pro-Pointer (turned on) close to the metal object, say a piece of playground equipment. Hold it there, turn it off, then turn it on again. It will de-tune itself so it is less sensitive to the piece of equipment. This allows it to still pick up targets close to the piece of playground equipment. You can also use this de-tuning principle to easily pick up individual coins when you discover a large coin spill.

John-Edmonton said:
You hold the Pro-Pointer (turned on) close to the metal object, say a piece of playground equipment. Hold it there, turn it off, then turn it on again. It will de-tune itself so it is less sensitive to the piece of equipment. This allows it to still pick up targets close to the piece of playground equipment. You can also use this de-tuning principle to easily pick up individual coins when you discover a large coin spill.

John:
Real good info. I did not know you could do that.. Tell me something. Then when you turn it off and back on again, does it revert back to it's original state?

Thanks
Elf in Lower Slower Delaware

I just bought a Cen-tech from Harbor Freight for $15.00. It come with a carring case and a battery. I added a 5/8" round plastic tip cap from Ace for (4) for .99 Cents!!. The cap makes the probe water proof. The unit works great!!! It has a 1-1/2 " range. Cheap and works. For that price, I bought two at the same time.