Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pinpoint ?

Isign4Him

Question ? how do ya pinpoint those faint signals.. I got lucky yesterday.. I still haven't figured out how lol...on the quarter I got no sound or readings on VDI only a faint hit so I cut a about a 3 inch plug and then I pinpointed . Got a nice signal then. Am I on the right track? Anyone got any tips.. hate to admit it, but sometimes my holes turn into archaeological dig sites lolol.. Hey I always always fill em in lol

What machine are you using??? Some are easier to pinpoint with than others...

Hi.I just got a M6 and do notice that sometimes the pinpoint seams a little off to the bottom right side center maybe around inch give or take, not allway.
Is it just me getting use to pinpointing with the M6?
My XLT is dead on most of the time!
Thanks!

I usually just pull the trigger and "X" my target...Have not used the M6 yet, so do not know if the depth shows when your pinpointing, but you want to get the depth meter to show the shallowest depth as you "X"...My Classic is dead on on pinpointing...I have gotten to where I dig a hole that is only 4" in diameter for targets up to 6" deep...

HH,

GoGoGopher

Yes the M6 shows depth when pinpointing also has tone ID and VCO.My XLT and IDX PRO are dead on and like you state only need a small opening in the ground.
The M6 not shure if it just me but the pinpoint seams off a bit ,but
may just be me needing to get more time on it,,I only have about 15 hours on it.Just wanted to try a different detector.I must say I really do like it and feel the pinpoint thing will be worked out.The IDX PRO may get lonely :sadwalk:
Check out Whites website for the xmas special that has started.I have sent for mine.Nice deal!

It's hard to determine if it's a coin size deep target or a tiny high shallow high conductive target. But I can tell you that it takes a big plug to dig down 8 inches. It can be done with a 6 inch diameter plug. Sometimes I think it's a deep coin and dig a deep plug only to find out it's a tiny piece of molten aluminum 1 inch down! Man I hate that!!!

khouse said:
It's hard to determine if it's a coin size deep target or a tiny high shallow high conductive target. But I can tell you that it takes a big plug to dig down 8 inches. It can be done with a 6 inch diameter plug. Sometimes I think it's a deep coin and dig a deep plug only to find out it's a tiny piece of molten aluminum 1 inch down! Man I hate that!!!

Hi.Are you referring to the M6 and if so is the depth indicator telling you 8" but really it is only 1"deep.
Not sure I understand?
Thanks.

You bet. Detector depth estimates are for coin sized targets. A small 3/8 diameter piece of molten aluminum can give you a high coin signal and a depth of 6 inches. Tiny pieces of copper wire will do the same. Also I've had large rusty iron hit as a coin and pinpoint coin sized and say 4 inches. Then 10 inches later I dig a 2 inch piece of very rusted iron. I commit myself to retrieve any target I start to dig. If I get on my knees - I'm getting it out of the ground iron or not!!!

Im sorry maybe I wasnt clear.. the m6 stock coil.. 950 pinpoints dead center.. same with 5.3 eclipse.. what I am asking is how to pinpoint those faint signals.. you know the deep ones you know are "sumpin good" you get no tone id in the pinpoint mode and no info from the VDI,, Lord only knows how many deep goodies I've left behind

If you in a place you can dig big holes then dig and see. Just on those targets crank your sens all the way up and turn your disc all the way down. Then X the target in the disc mode with the tracking off. Then dig to China. You may find a China man with a detector doing the same thing!!