Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpoint trouble with my X-70

BoobieinPa

My X-70 has been giving me trouble as of late. After I find a target in any mode & I hit the pinpoint button, I immediately get a loud steady tone. It doesn't matter where the coil is held, either a foot away from the target or 6 feet away. No matter what I do at this point the tone does not vary one bit, even if I point it to the sky or over the target.

It doesn't matter which coil I have on at the time. I either have to re-push the pinpoint button once or twice to get it to work properly. Some time I can tap the coil on the ground and it will go quiet and then work as it should. This seems to happen around 50% of the time.

Other than this problem the machine has done me a super job. But now I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Any comments will be most appreciated.

Hmm. I've had that happen on occasion. Sort of lets out a long tone which requires the Pinpoint button to be pressed off and then back on.
Seems to only happen when there's a fair bit of iron in the ground for me. I've not given it much thought actually. My intuition suggested that
the detector was simply overwhelmed by something momentarily. Only happens when pinpointing and ...not all the time. Just every now and then.

When this happens try sweeping it slowly over the target, back and forth. I do this while using pinpoint mode making an X over the target, seems to work fairly well at getting centered and it detunes the loudness issue.