Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PIn Pointing

Isign4Him

Im sorry maybe I wasnt clear.. the m6 stock coil.. 950 pinpoints dead center.. same with 5.3 eclipse.. what I am asking is how to pinpoint those faint signals.. you know the deep ones you know are "sumpin good" you get no tone id in the pinpoint mode and no info from the VDI,, Lord only knows how many deep goodies I've left behind

deeper than the disc. mode on most detectors that I have had experience with.Never have played with an M6, but have had a XLT, DFX, XL PRO and an IDX PRO. The IDX will detect deeper in Disc mode than in pinpoint though, but never to the extint of loosing the all metal signal. To try to answer best what I think you mean, you can pinpoint in the Disc mode by Xing your sweeps to best find the center of the target, then take a plug out of the ground where you think the target center is, and the signal should improve................Hombre

Take a couple inches off the top, as close to the signal as you can predict, and see if the signal improves. Somtimes just ruffing up the top layer of dirt will bring those faint signals in loud and clear. With my M6 I have found that a really high percentage of those faint signals are dimes standing on end and they arn't usually more than 3- 5 inches down. Hope this helps.