Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pin pointers Info

podojils

Does anyone have any feedback on if using a pin pointer is beneficial??And is there much difference in brands??? I have a f70, and im having a hard time pin pointing location to my exact location, im sure over time it will get easier, but didnt know if maybe a pin pointer might help.

I'm not sure what problem your having with pinpointing on the F70, I put a lot of time in on mine and it pinpointed very accurately with both the stock and the 11" DD coils. Maybe just try putting some coins on the ground and practicing with it, it should be a snap.

Once you use a pinpointer, you won't want to be without one.

I know some may disagree, but I did NOT like the Sunray on my F70 & F75 LTD, so I sold it and bought a Garrett Propointer and I'm VERY happy with it. The PistolPro is deeper, but it's HUGE. The DetectorPro UniProbe is good, but cost as much as a detector, although it can be used with any machine unlike the Sunray which is made for a specific model.

At any rate, YES GET A PINPOINTER :thumbup:

Didn't realize what I was missing, when I didn't have the pro-pointer. Can't imagine not having it, ultra handy.

With time and observation, you get more accurate with the detector on the target location. More recently I have come to like having a pin pointer with me to cut down on time to actually get the target in hand.

Have been using a pin pointer for about two years. Have exactly one hunt with the Garrett pro pointer and it is very good; money well spent. May even be Garrett's best metal detector. :lol:
tvr

I have the Garrett Pro-Pointer and the Vibra-Probe 580..The Vibra is deeper and waterproof BUT it interfere's with my F75LTD audio..So I've been using my Garrett alot more. The Garrett has sound and vibration, whereas the Vibra only Vibe's.
I wont leave home without one. I can pin-point, but it works out so much faster for recovering for me...

I love my Sun Ray probe! It attaches to the machine in line so you don't have to keep up with the handheld types. This reason alone is why I tried one and I am very glad that I did. It is a very good product.

Another reason for getting/needing a pinpointer:

A pinpointer REALLY helps with small items you can't see, either because you're getting old like me or you have other sight issues. :drinking:

For me, it REALLY speeds up small target recovery. AND it definitely keeps you from damaging stuff.

Think about how much a small scratch on a key coin or rare artifact can devalue it, not to mention mar its appearance.

Personally, I like the Garrett pinpointer. It's great.

Been using Pinpointers for years!! Have use a Vibra-Probe 460; Merlin Pinpointer; (3) SunRay In-Line Probes; and NOW the GARRETT PROPOINTER!!
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY-- GET a GARRETT PROPOINTER, EXCELLENT QUALITY!! Merlin would be MY 2ND CHOICE!! Hope this helps, hh,
Les Robinson

I can't afford to step up to a higher end pin pointer, so I use the cen-tech from harbor freight. It's cheap @ (16.00), but it works ! If you can afford it, I too would go with an upper end model, such as the Garrett pointer.You will certainly find your target much faster with any brand of pin pointer tho. It also helps in finding your target if you use a drop clothe or maybe a plastic tray to put your hole digs into as you are bringing the target out of the hole, not to mention it makes clean up of the dug area quick and professional looking when you are ready to move on. Remember, how you leave the ground when you are done, is every bit as important as finding your target!
Always pick up all trash found above ground as well as any you dig and take it with you when you are finished. Leaving the ground cleaner when you leave than it was when you started, will bring you even more sites to search!
Good Luck and Happy Hunting....

I use a F70, a CZ20, a 1235X and a GC1023. All in varied environments. An inline probe would be useless and just weigh down the gear. The Garret Pro Pointer is excellent as a compliment for every rig I use.

The F70 has the most dead-on pinpoint for any machine I've ever used and while it sounds counter-intuitive, I usually only use the Pro-P on shallow targets where I need only to pop a coin out from 3 inches or less. The exception is that tilted or co-located coin or unusual target at depth.

Ive had the Garrett Pro-Pointer for about two years- if this one goes I would immediately get another. If they made its overall length several inches longer, it might be easier to get to the bottom of some of your shovel cuts, etc, but it is plenty handy the way it is also. Saves a lot of time.

I'm all tapped out after my detector purchases and headphones and digging tools so I'm using the cheap cen tech probe from harbor freight, it works for now gets me an inch or so only been out three times with it so far but it's still working, I wouldn't say it's durable nor the best by far but if your on a budget or short of cash it's okay. I could see this getting broke easily if handled roughly or used as a prodding/digging tool, it'll do in a pinch and is cheap, until I can rake some more mad money I'm looking at the Pistol Probe and the Garrett Pro Pointer once I get some more cash.

garrett DOES make a good pinpointer!...probably IS the best detector charlie has!

(h.h!)
j.t.

I bought the ProPointer at the beginning of last season after years and years of telling myself I didn't need one. Boy was I dumb. Next to my detector it's the best investment I made. Saves time and protects the coins.
Mike