Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pictures of my grandson, Brayden............

Kelley (Texas)

Brayden is now3 1/2 years old...seems like it was only yesterday that he was born. My daughter-in-law and Brayden came by the house late this afternoon on their way home from riding on a tourist train up at Barnett, Texas near Austin. After he told me about all the things that he did on the train ride, I talked him into letting me take these pictures. Another two or three years and we will be going on some major adventures together. Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 141790 braydenone.jpg]

[attachment 141791 braydentwo.jpg]

[attachment 141792 braydenthree.jpg]

[attachment 141793 braydenfour.jpg]

I like the engine man overalls. He will be a lot of fun as he gets older. Fun to do stuff with them. I see your
fitting him to the saddle already...

Geo-CT

n/t

happy with the camera...the picture shows freckles, which he does not have, and appears to show the face in a harsh skin tone. The camera is a Canon SX10is and I shot the pictures in the AUTO MODE. I hope that I do not have to go to a SLR digital camera because I do not want to carry a bunch of lens with me when I take pictures. I am also using a simple photo edit program, CompuPic Pro V6.23. I purchased the Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 photo edit program, but can not figure out how to use it yet. Kelley (Texas) :)

grain in the pictures Fred. I get that in mind if I leave the image size to small, like 640x480. I find that on here it expands it to much and is not nice and sharp. I moved mine to image size of 1280x960 and I like it a lot better. Then when you shrink them down, they are even sharper. I can take this one up to 2560x1920 which is great for really nice flowers or portraits but you don't get to many of them on a memory card unless its a large one. The 1280 is what I use normally at the club or out on the bike and I can get 50 shots in general on a 32 meg memory strip. Usually that's enough for me. Worth a try if you have size choice of images on that unit. Try the same shot at different image sizes and see which one looks the best to you.

I kow the phto programs can help a lot also. I use PhotoShop 7 here. I kind of stuck with it as I have been using it since it came out with version 3. Often I can use it to hide my mistakes of composing in the lens.

For sure your topic is perfect.

Geo

I went to this link on it http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08091703canon_sx1is_sx10is.asp
and I see in the image size it has them all and then some....... got to be something not set right. I'm thinking
image size. Don't make them to large of a size as they are big pictures. When I do that I have to resize them to get them below the 420k size required on the forum.

I really like that camera. I've had a lot of canons over the years and got good service out of them and pictures. Some are pretty complex to use and I ended up taking a course on it from a local photgrapher by the name of Robbin Perry. He is a slave driver for a month but he helped me a lot in putting it right in the lens. He made us do everything in black and white. If we could get it to be a nice image in B & W then color would be a breeze.

Geo

Pretty soon he will try to saddle up the dog. :):

I bet you can hardly wait to get out with him

calm seas

Micheal

That is the size that they are when I post them on the Forum. I suspect that I should probably post them at 600 X 400 and see what happens. evidently they are being enlarged too much by the Forum which is making them post with more grain...is this correct? Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 141804 braydentestpicture_1.jpg]

[attachment 141805 braydentestpicture_2.jpg]

prior to posting it on the Forum. Only problem now is that it barely fits the screen, almost too big for the Forum screen. What is your take on this? Kelley (Texas) :)

When posted on the Forum it still showed lots of grain in the face of the boy. Kelley (Texas) :)

wanted that sucker that Brayden had? When Brayden is at our house, he and Sadie are always together. If you try to seperate them, Sadie will throw a fit. Mike, hope all is well with you folks? Kelley (Texas) :)

Managed to get two deer before the operation..... so our meat supplies, when combined with the chickens and turkeys we raise, are all in order.

Our jack had her three babies..I am going to post a photo... but right now all they are is little sausages. I will wait until the eyes are open

Fair winds

Micheal

It seems like Mother knew 101 ways to cook a chicken. The older chickens were not as tender and were used in making soup or chicken pies, the younger ones were fried, baked, or grilled. We tried to go easy on the younger ones because we got eggs from them. The older ones, approximately four years old, slowed down on giving us eggs and were eaten before the younger chickens. We also had a few ducks from time to time, but I always considered them to be pets and got upset when one of them ended up on the dinner table...I could not bring myself to eating them. Kelley (Texas) :)

I see it also when my son takes pictures with his cell phone. It starts out as a small image and any magnification on it gives it that grainy look. I think your still taking a small size picture with the camera, say 640x480. So the base picture is not going to give you a
quality picture to work with. From the camera, the larger you make the image size, the higher the quality of the picture will be. Lets say, a 640x480 is typical home snapshot. 1280x960 gives a nice postcard size image with better detail, where as a 2560x1920 would give a very very fine portrait image. For the sake of comparison, lets say you take some at 2048x1536. That will be a high detail picture with lots of pixels coming off the camera, so you have a nice image to work with. Yet, it would be to large to put on the web site. At that point, I import it into my photoshop program or whatever software you use and downsize. I usually go 800x600 and it works for me and brings the picture down to about 200k. As you say, Findmall will display it a little larger in size. If its to big and you have screen wrap, scale it down to its the size you want. So, high end image on the camera, and then shrink it in the software to fit the forum. To see if for your self.....just take your camera, go out and take a picture in about 5 different sizes then view them. you should see the difference. Resize them afterwards, it would be hard to tell them from a good 35mm camera. Your camera should does as well or better. Thats a nice camera.

I'm play with cameras, but sure not and expert. If anyone else on here can explain it better, by all means jump in.

Attached is a picture I took at 2560x1960. At that size it is a 1.18 meg file. So I resized in in photoshop to 950x715. It is now
only a 126kb file. No problem putting on the forum. But it still keeps the detail....... So take a bigger image then shrink it in your photo program... I hope I explained it right. Easier to do then explain.... Once you see it, you will be all over it.....

George

at 3648 X 2048, then down sized to 800 X 600, at 120 kb. It worked! I did it a second time and sharpened the picture and ended up with lots of grain in the face...that was also part of the problem. George, thank you for all the help! Kelley (Texas) :)

Original picture posted...notice the distortion and grain in the face.
[attachment 141852 saddle10-10-09_2.jpg]

Here is the corrected picture.
[attachment 141847 test-test-test_2.jpg]

Your on the trail now. Play around with that until you find a combination you like. I can get by with shooting at 1200 x 728 or close to that, shrink to 800x600 and be pleased with it to show on the web. Much smaller and the detail really gets messed up. Try that on Marco also and you will see that you get nicer shots also with lots of detail. That looks great now. Nice smooth skin etc.

That's a nice camera, you can do some nice work with it. Go down in image size as you test it till your not happy, then go up one.

Geo

Get good light around it and stay at the upper size image and you will be surprised. then just condense it to what size you want to show. I try to keep them so we don't have to move the screen around to view them. 800x600 or even 900x700 usually fits nice.

got to be some nice cactus down there. Any that are flowering now?

Geo