Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pictures from Washington State.

George-CT

I was supposed to be be out here from August 11 until August 25, but family things forced me to cancel the flight. My buddy Gary who comes east a lot to ride with me lives just a short distance from St. Helens. He had just purchased an on and off road 650 bike and we had a 2 week ride planned. He had sent me these pictures as he was scouting it all out of where we would be. Good tease for sure.
We now have tenative dates for Sept 15 until Sept 29 for the same area as he will be scouting Elk then for the fall hunt. Get to ride and try and figure out where the Elk are. All this is on the back side of St Helens. He sent me these and though you guys might enjoy them.

We grew up together and have done a lot of traveling over the years together. For the most part our travels revolve around fishing, backpacking, bikes, or in young years, chasing the elusive females. Gary is a little younger than me, 64 and graduated with my wife back east here. Fun guy to travel with. Never a dull moment.

George-CT

Is St Helens the mountain that exploded years ago? Those Elk Deer are big, about the same size as Moose, lots bigger than the deer down here in South Texas. Are there any Grizzly Bears in the area where you folks will be riding and camping? I am excited for you. I will be looking forward to seeing the pictures of the country side and reading about all the adventures you encounter those two weeks...this will be great! Kelley (Texas) :)

I went to my first Western Writers of America convention in Portland, Oregon, in '89. The convention was at a Red Lion Inn right on the Columbia River. Across the river I could see what looked like a mesa. From my perspective it appeared to be flat on top. I didn't figure they had mesas in the Pacific Northwest, so I asked the bellman what it was. He said "It didn't used to look like that. That's Mount St. Helens."

At that time Amtrak was one of the best ways to go anywhere. On my way home UP flipped a bunch of freight cars between Pendleton & The Dalles. I was riding the Pioneer, which went from Portland to Salt Lake City at the time. We were delayed about 5 hours until the track was cleared & inspected, so of course missed connection with the Zephyr at Salt Lake. Amtrak put me up in a luxury hotel in Salt Lake & furnished me with $20 eating money, as well as a phone call home to tell my wife why I was going to be late. I discovered something. Utah doesn't charge state taxes on tobacco or alcohol. A 2-oz bottle of Jack Black went for 80

I would love to see that country! Maybe some day. I like the pictures for sure:thumbup: