Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Picture of our very first home......

ojm bc

This is the first house my father owned,I'm guessing we first lived in it in 1955.My father and mother raised 4 children it it.I just thought I best take a few photo's for keepsakes,and before it's bulldozed in the futhure.

The big old cherry tree is almost as big as the house,my dad planted it when it was just a twig.It really was a simple house with a sawdust type burning stove.There are mainly happy times there and a few tragic stories as well but mainly happy memmories of my childhood.

In those days we could catch a snake easily,have'nt seen one since,well only once while hiking.In the dirt back lanes anyone could have a feast on the overhanging ripe fruit trees.I often find old pop bottles and redeem at corner store for candy probably expains all the hardware in my teeth.

Usually in those young years everthing was an adventure,like when a group of us kids went exploring the local docks.As we were playing on the wharf's one of my young buddies noticed a rope dangling from the dock.Our curiosity got the best of us,we started to haul it from the ocean floor.

As it was near the top,we gaspep it was a cage of monstrous crabs all trying o escape.That really scared us and we dropped the cage fast.This was the home where I couldn't understand why the kitten my older brother gave me died suddenly,my first experince of death.My second pet REX the wonder dog that my dad gave me was lost and never found,only had him 2 days.

One adventure was even in the local news,my brother's friend stole his mothers bingo money and convinced my brother and I to run away.My folks were not mean we just did not know better,don't ask why but all 3 of us made it from BC into the usa through Washington.We were caught and returned home by a policeman.I'm sure this was hard on my parents,I was very young and did not get in trouble.

There are many happy moments there for me a time when my family was complete, see you :)

Is the house going to be bull dozed down? It appears that you had a very exciting childhood...catching snakes to running away from home. I kinda think that we all grew up in the best of times. Thanks for sharing this enjoyable and refreshing story. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

we use to collect coke bottles to get the nickle deposit also.bought candy and cigarettes.that house doesn't look like it will be bulldozed anytime soon and the cherry tree is a testament to your dad.the neighborhood still looks nice.

Boy.....does that ever bring back fond memories. Snakes and the wild fruit tree's......and who could forget the two-cent deposit for the pop bottles, unless you got REALLY lucky and stumbled upon a large bottle, which was worth a whole nickel !! A pack of hockey cards maybe ?:shocked: And your "running away" story !:lol: I recall my youngest brother at eight yrs. old telling my parents that he was moving out.:lol: I think it was my dad that brought him a small suitcase to pack (of course toying with him). My kid brother was telling my parents that he's been waiting for this day for "eight" years.:rofl: I had forgotten about that until your story here. This is a great post OJ ! Got any more early pics ?:thumbup:

I don't think it's planned to be torn down,but decided to take a few photo's just in case,thanks for reading ! orlando

Great looking place there, guess most have a place like that in their memory! Thanks!

Dave

have been bull dozed, or have a commercial building standing in their place. Your stories of your childhood are good ones, thanks for sharing them with us! :)

...would make for some fine, sentimental furniture donchaknow.

It's funny how our parents still impact our lives, even today.

Thanks for sharing.

aj

That house my mother is standing outside of in my birthday post down below is my home from the age of ONE! She still lives there. She an an uncle dug the basement with a stone float and an old car of some type when my father was off driving truck, long haul. Man the memories in that house for me