Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Picking up two more Beep and Digs

oldkoot

Made a deal on a nice Tesoro Tejon and a Xp Gold Maxx Power
just to good of deals for me to pass on and also picked up another Golden Mask detector the Golden Mask 5 coming with three coils, cant pass these deals up when they are thrown in my face, getting to the point I am going to have to build a bigger detector room for all my detectors LOL

The Tejon and the Xp Gold Maxx are two detectors I have been looking for, for a while but the deals on Ebay have become ridiculous to say the least the deals I got on these three detector was reasonable

should have all three of them in the next week or so

Congrats on the finds. Looking forward to your opinion on the XP GMP. The tejon is a good detector but I didn’t care for it, especially in locations with modern trash.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new acquisitions. I am hoping to try out a Tejon and a Lobo soon. I have seen from videos that the Tejon works really well with tne 5.75” coil in trashy areas. I plan to use it to hunt relics in fields and in the woods. I have plenty of other detectors for trashy areas. Keep us posted if you get time on how all 3 machines work out for you. The frustration is when you have more detectors than hands to swing them with. I would say it would be nice to have more arms to swing them with but then you would probably get all tangled up and waste valuable detecting time. 😊

Congratulations on the new acquisitions. I am hoping to try out a Tejon and a Lobo soon. I have seen from videos that the Tejon works really well with tne 5.75” coil in trashy areas. I plan to use it to hunt relics in fields and in the woods. I have plenty of other detectors for trashy areas. Keep us posted if you get time on how all 3 machines work out for you. The frustration is when you have more detectors than hands to swing them with. I would say it would be nice to have more arms to swing them with but then you would probably get all tangled up and waste valuable detecting time. 😊
Will Do, what valuable time is that LOL
Congrats on the finds. Looking forward to your opinion on the XP GMP. The tejon is a good detector but I didn’t care for it, especially in locations with modern trash.
Thanks MuddyMo, I think the Tejon is going to be a lot like my Vista X the Tejon seems to have all the features that the Vista X has and maybe even a couple of features that the Vista X does not have we shall see
if they are to similar I will end up picking one and getting rid of the other, most likely keep the Tejon, although I do love that 8 inch concentric on the Vista X LOL

The one I am very curious about is the Golden Mask 5, runs the same frequencies as the 4WD 8 and 18 KHz and all the coils for the 4WD are inter changeable between the GM5 and 4WD, the GM 5 is similar to the GM7, the 5 has no target IDs though which really does not matter to me as I never or very seldom look at target IDs the tones on targets is what matters to me, as well as Unmasking targets amongst trash, if the GM5 is any thing like the GM7 and GM 4WD it should be a great detector also.

Last edited:
@Odanscoils and @fwcrawford when these deals come up I cannot resist purchasing them LOL, when I run out of money I will stop which aint going to happen anytime soon unless our Government steals it LOL when that happens i will start my own detector shop selling off some

Call me what ever ya all like just do not call me late for dinner is what I say LOL

and Terry you are one to talk I sent you a link to a detector on Ebay and What did you do LOL Y you Snapped it up like a dog on a bone LOL it was sold to you Likity Split Glad it wasn't one I wanted LOL

@Odanscoils and @fwcrawford when these deals come up I cannot resist purchasing them LOL, when I run out of money I will stop which aint going to happen anytime soon unless our Government steals it LOL when that happens i will start my own detector shop selling off some

Call me what ever ya all like just do not call me late for dinner is what I say LOL

and Terry you are one to talk I sent you a link to a detector on Ebay and What did you do LOL Y you Snapped it up like a dog on a bone LOL it was sold to you Likity Split Glad it wasn't one I wanted LOL
Y'all guys are REALLY sick---wantin all these tectors!!!-----Hey---anyone heard of any good deals??----I'm gettin my SS check tomorrow!! TU :)

Y'all guys are REALLY sick---wantin all these tectors!!!-----Hey---anyone heard of any good deals??----I'm gettin my SS check tomorrow!! TU :)
Just hold off I may have to sell a few if the Government steals my money LOL

When can we have to many toys LOL the answer to that is Never, it stems from the way I was raised mom and dad never had much money so i had to fight like a rabid dog to get what I wanted and when you have older sister that are bigger than you to fight off they usually won the fight, I am making up for my child hood and never getting to eat much LOL Hell the only toy I had was a pony named Oliver, he was a broom stick that I chose to Name LOL, then my sisters broke Oliver and I had no more toys or imaginary friends LOL, Oh how I miss Oliver so I am making up for the loss by purchasing metal detectors

And I will fight for them like a Rabid Dog if I have to LOL

Who am I kidding I have no fight left in me.

...I think the Tejon is going to be a lot like my Vista X...

I use both and performance wise I think they are very close. I'm sure you're aware both having dual disc. with a toggle switch to go between primary and secondary disc, as well as all metal. The Tejon has VCO tones, and you can adjust the audio frequency to your liking, but the Vista X has the iron audio. I do really like the iron audio on the Vista X, it would have been real nice to have that on the Tejon. If the Tejon had it I probably never would have bought the Vista X. If you like using the iron audio on the X you're going to miss it on the Tejon. My only complaint about the Vista X is the darn shaft. Probably the most uncomfortable detector I ever swung, but its performance makes up for it. I'll rig something up one of these days to make it more comfortable.

I see you like Golden Mask as well. How do you like their performance? I just ordered my first GM. Was getting ready to buy the 4WD, then they came out with the 4Xtreme. I pondered it for a while and went with the 4Xtreme w/3 coils...should be here next week. If it performs as good as the Vista X I'll be happy with it. I'll probably pick up a 4WD eventually if I like the 4Xtreme.