Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pick a Possum. These guys knew how to eat!!:thumbup:

Royal

New York circa 1916. "Opossums hanging up outside shop.

OPOSSUM.

them from time to time. I dressed out a few of them and they did look eatable. They were not on my menu but one of people that live a few roads over from us liked them so I gave them to him. Southern people and they seemed fine with them. My interest then was muskrat or Marsh Rabbits, and Mink and weasels. I had a neighbor who loved the Marsh Rabbits. He was from Delaware and said they were a hot item down there. Didn't matter on any of it to me, I was doing it for spending money and sold to Sears at the time in the spring time. My food taste there were salt water items for most part. Steamers, Quahogs, Oysters, Razor Clams, Cherry Stones, along with Flounder, Fluke, Black Fish, Porgies, Tomcod, Cod fish,, any game fish. Summer, Tuna, Swordfish, small yellow fin. Toss in a basket of blueshell crabs, lobsters. The only meat items was White tails and a few pigs my father and another guy raised for fall. I had my share of grey squirrels but unless they were simmering in spaghetti sauce I'd pass on them.

Geo

Never had squirrel though!! :):Rabbits... yup! Once had a mink.. Had cougar too!! Bear .... kinda strong and oily..

But never possum!!!! :):

calm seas

Mikie

However, if any person wants one of ours like that, I will be more than willing to sell it to them. I get more for them both in price and weight!! :):

calm seas

Mikie

My grandmother would cook anything we could catch and make it taste good ! Reminds me of a story......I will post when time permits Possum, the other white meat!:lol: