Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Photos of a few horses that I have owned..................

Kelley (Texas)

I am still scanning old photos onto the computer and thought that I would post a few of the horses that I have owned in the past...really don't know if any of this will be of interest for the folks on the Forum.

These first two photos are of a horse by the name of "Blueberry." I bought "Blueberry" when she was seven months old. This is the last horse that I trained and she did it all...you could rope from her or cut a calf out of the herd with her. I put lots of miles on her in the brush...we worked good as a team, trusted each other. When we sold the home place several months ago, we took "Blueberry" to my cousin's place at Castroville, Texas.
[attachment 6881 scan31.jpg]
[attachment 6883 scan32.jpg]

The following two photos are of a horse by the name of "Tuff." This is a horse that I have written several stories about on the Forum. He is a good friend and we also took him to my cousin's place at Castroville, Texas.
[attachment 6884 scan33.jpg]
[attachment 6885 scan35.jpg]

This is a photo of a horse by the name of "Freckles." Like "Blueberry" and "Tuff," she is a registered American Quarter Horse. "Freckles" comes from a long line of cutting horse champions and in her hay day could have gone all the way to the National Finals...we never entered her in any events because we used her for working cattle. She is a solid, dependable work horse, fun to ride. She is also at my cousin's home in Castroville, Texas.
[attachment 6886 scan34.jpg]

This is a photo of a horse that I never gave a name, I just called him "Horse." He was a Paint Horse, not a quarter horse, and was one of the few non quarter horses that I had owned over the years. I only kept "Horse" about a year, then sold him. He had a mean streak in him and would really try to hurt someone if they did not know how to handle him. I would never let kids ride him, and very few adults for that matter. This picture was taken at some friends home in Kerrville, Texas. We had trailered "Horse" to Kerrville for that day to do some riding with some friends. As normal, "Horse" acted like a total jackass that day! He was not one of my favorites, but I still liked him in spite of his mean streak.
[attachment 6888 scan45.jpg]

Please note that the picture quality is not the best because these are old photos that I used a scanner to post to the computer.

If you look close enough, you will see some Blue Bonnets flowers in the pastures. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

called the horse "Blueberry", what a great color! I do not believe i have seen it before as bright as that! Conformation+++ also. Tuff and Freckles have some nice "Chrome" too.
I always had a weakness for "Paints" also, most of them have more Quarter horse in them than anything else too, right? :D
I enjoy all the horse pictures, don't be shy.
Hope your doing ok friend :)
Wayne

i think i like old tuffs color better than the others,i know i'm probably gonna get this wrong but blueberry looks like the taller of them all.my dad always told me to be careful around horses and mules because he saw a man get kicked by a mule and it hurt him pretty good.

i rode maybe three stable horses and a couple of shetland ponies in my life and thats it.i rode a shetland pony one time and on the reins they attached some long chain because i think they had used him to pull a cart or something.he wasn't saddled and i was going to ride him bareback.when i tried to roll up on him he took off and i almost got my leg tangled up in that chain.live and learn.

that's a nice looking rail fence there,it looks fairly new in that picture.

took the photos. That fence took me three months to build, over 400 holes dug for the post. The post are 6 inches square, set 30 inches deep, the rails are 2 by 6 inches and are fastened to the post with screws instead of nails. The top rails are 5 feet above the surface.

Yes, "Blueberry" is taller than "Tuff," just shy of 16 hands and weighs 1175 lbs. "Tuff" is a sorrel color horse. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

that now days they are often referred to as painted quarter horses. I have only owned two Paint Horses over the years. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

She would keep every horse that she comes across, if she could. Nice to see an unchewed fence for a change. Most wooden fences up here are 'beavered' into a shadow of their former selves :) Very nice photos, and even better looking horses.

On an unrelated note, our neighbour, and Alices' riding buddy, went out arrowheading a couple of days back. She picked up a crystal arrowhead . She is now hooked.

Clear water, calm seas

M

when they get bored or else some mineral is missing in their diet. My round pen had some chewed wood because I would turn a horse out in it during bad weather, give it a flake of hay...after it ate the hay, it would have nothing much to do and would then chew the wood rails. Some horses will learn to crib if you are not careful and keep the horse busy.

I have only one crystal arrowhead in my entire collection, and it is not a very good one. Crystal arrowheads are difficult to find around here. One of these days, I have hopes of finding a good one. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

is a real beauty. Was he your favorite? The others are nice too, but Blueberry is just gorgeous! Do you still go out and visit them often? :)

your pictures of them. We both remarked, no rocks down there. Rocks here are the Connecticut state flower. Hard on the feet for sure. Most here either shoe or put the boots on them for out on the rockey trails.

Gotta be tough not having them close by. Jane has tried a few times now but she can't be horseless for very long. Even if its just one to care for she just likes having them around.

Swampy

n/t

of work,but a nice straight looking fence.we sold the rails at the lumber yard i worked at in high school,can't remember the posts but i'm sure they were there.i remember we had to grade a bit,and some of the rails were cupped,screws would have been the solution for those.