Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

People Who Change Your Life - Conclusion

Sunny

Just as I promised my mother, I did call Bill and Joy that night. After all, I felt like I at least owed them that. I owed to my mother because I had promised her, and most of all I owed it to myself. Here were strangers who had gone out of their way to befriend me, just because they are wonderful people, and I had all but shunned them.
When I called, Bill answered their phone. I said,

n/t

....I met Doreen and Dyrrick through work,they seem to be the spitting image of your two friends.They bothed lived a modest life.They immigrated to Canada from England,they had a tough time adapting and finding adequate work there first few years.Dyrick was at a crossroads one year trying too make a living.He told me at a moment of crises he simply flipped a coin,one side go back to England and the otherside to stay in the city.Well he stayed and became a successfull technician.Unfortunetly Doreen was diagnosed with cancer and died a few years later,only to be followed by Dyrick about a year later with cancer also.Life is cut short for so many.His relative kindly gave me a keepsake that they owned.Some friends you just never forget. oj :)

longer than you did, for if they were like mine, the are precious few. I, too, love keepsakes of people that have passed on and have many of them. Thanks for reading! :)

Trying to convey the 'feelings' that go into the experience... well, it is nigh on impossible. But you did wonderfully.

May thanks

Calm seas

Mikie

Your friends are the true treasure. It's too bad that most people have very few tried and true friends.

Friends are those people that, if you could place your life in a jar and seal it up...it would be the people you could trust enough to give it to for safe keeping. Personally, I can count them on one hand. I am blessed nonetheless because at least I have THEM.

Thank you for this special story. You know, the bad days really make one appreciate the good ones.

Same time next year.

ILY

Johnboy

and won the battle. Life can be so cruel at times, but a "fighter" in life will find a way to win...you did just that! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

not always for the better.

They seemed to be what you needed at the time.

going to send Bill and Joy a copy of it so they can see what they really did for me back then, and so they will continue to know what special people they are! :)

still living a life I always dreamed of, watching my children grow up and have me gorgeous grandchildren! That's what keeps me going through troubled times! Plus I have to keep the brothers in line! :rofl:

As the saying goes, "You gotta get busy living or get busy dying". Got a lot of life to live, yes I do! :)

Thanks, Cowboy! :)