Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Peanut...

Dan-MO

Some of you may remember me mentioning our little dog Peanut. He is a mini Dachshund that weighs about 9 pounds soaking wet .He is about 2 years old and I got him for my wife as a pup just after her first Dachshund died a couple of years ago.

Peanut is a big part of our family and is one of the best natured friendliest dogs you could hope to meet. He is also a bundle of energy that never seems to quit-he can run around our house or around our fenced yard for hours never tiring. He loves everyone but seems to worship my wife Linda -and she loves him as much as a human could love a dog.

Five days ago as I was getting ready for work

..... I don't think there is a right or wrong answer,I went through a similler incident with my best friend "Lucky" the smartest german shepheard that ever lived.It understood words like a little child.In my case the surgery was not successfull,I had to put it out of it pain,and had her put down.I hope yours has a good recovery.Thanks for sharing.

I'm pretty certain Peanuts doesn't think you a fool for doling out for him...........what else matters ? :cheers:

n/t

I'd say you're doing all right. So long as the little guy isn't in pain as has a shot at it, give him a shot. Our dog is just past 10 years and is a large breed so we know that we only have a few years left with a very important member of our family. When the time comes we'll do the right thing and put her down, out of respect and love for all of the love she's shown us over the years. Bree loves us Unconditionally and would Die to protect Us. How many Human Friends do you have who would do as much?
You did the right thing and if things work out poorly you may still have to do the right thing. I Really Hope things work out for the Best for Peanut and the rest of the Family.

Cheers,

BDA:cool:

I hope all works out for you and Peanut, I have a special list of prayer for the owners and four footed friends, and will add you to it .... Best Wishes to you all for a full recovery ..
Bill G.

What you are doing is far from stupid...an act of love is never stupid. Peanuts is a member of your family and I am confident that you will do the right thing. Kelley (Texas) :)

My daughter had a Bovier sp that had much the same problem and it cost them a fortune for the operation but it went well. My mother spent 1700 bucks for a biopsy on her dog and it had cancer. It finally had to be put down. She was really in a turmoil about what to do because it was so expensive but I told her it was her money and her friend she was spending it on. Man she would have felt horrible if she had not done it.

If your dog is in no pain and can never use its rear legs it will still be happy. Hell, it just wants your love and certainly has it. Look in that little weiners eyes and you will know you did the right thing:thumbup: