Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pastor Tom's sermon yesterday:Sad,but true..........

warthog

His sermon was the subject of Gods Spirit adding to congregations,and how sometimes people try to put their two cents in,as to how it should be done,like offering free beer,end result is "the place is packed"-For the WORD OF THE LORD????..no,the taste of the brew":sadwalk:I would not attend a
Church that served beer,I don't go to drink beer,I go to be in the presence of HIM........When I was Church council member in my old Church,some of my fellow council members suggested having a "LAS VEGAS NIGHT",which required the Church buying a one night only license,to allow gambling, that night,he purpose was to "raise funds for the sole use of the Church:Outreach programs,evangelical use,fund missionaries,buy food for the hungry",etc.......Now,the following is just MY personal feelings on this....I told the Council, that after having visited Las Vegas,it is my opinion that any ties to this city,no matter what the cause,might be,is NOT A GOOD IDEA"........Eventually,most were swayed,and we voted it down....The one that had the idea was obviously miffed when he asked"NOW HOW WILL WE GET THE MONEY TO HELP OUT OUR COMMUNITY?"............I suggested Why not take it to The Lord???After all,it's His house.......:shrug:.........

beer and gambling there is something wrong. What's next dancing girls! These things are all of the world! Sad indeed!

Sounds like another "new age "church---BIBLE SAYS" THAT IN THE LATTER DAYS BELEIVERS WILL DEPART FROM THE TRUE DOCTRINE" :sadwalk: