Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Past several day's goodies...

AllenOK

Sunday afternoon was georgous! I got out from work and went to a nearby OLD school for a little MD'ing. I figured it would be trashy as all get-out, so I started with my 5" coil. A few minutes into the hunt, I got a faint High-Coin target at an indicated 6". I went to check the position by the old "X"-style pinpoint method, but couldn't get a lock on the target, as there was a piece of foil about an inch in front of the target, but right under the surface. Oh goody! Co-located targets! I love these. I went after the Foil target first. I flipped up a plug, and couldn't find it. I checked the hole, and sure enough, the High Coin target was still down there. I started removing more dirt to recover that target. A couple handfuls later, I got a signal in a clod as I checked it with my coil. I broke it open, and revealed a fairly smooth, 1917 Wheat with a dark olive-drab patina. I didn't get anything else at this spot.

Monday was another nice day. I went out, just wandering around, checking the older neighborhoods for something. I finally found another scraped lot that I haven't searched. I got out, and started looking. It was obvious that someone had already beaten me to it, as I was finding lots of dig holes. I did manage to recover two Wheat's, one of which was in plain sight, an OK 1 mill tax token, and a nice marble.

Today started off breezy, cool, and a little on the misty side. I originally thought I had to work, but when I got there, realized I had the day off. Hunting time! I started looking around for more areas to hunt. Some dirt is just starting to be moved around in an area not to far from my job, in an OLD part of the city. I drove by that, but not enough dirt has been moved, yet. I'll have to keep an eye on it. I did find a spot a little ways away from there, and started doing the curb-side easement. I managed the usual clad, and four Wheat's, dated '20, '35D, '44D, and '48D. I've been holding a 4:1 copper : silver ratio so far this year, and these Wheat's bring me up to 15, with 3 silvers. I started thinking, "I'm due for silver. Where is it?"

I went looking for yet another spot. I found one, and thought I'd give it a test. I started hunting, and was recovering modern clad down to about 4". Within minutes, however, I got another one of those lovely, soft, high-pitch whispers of a coin down deep. This one was at an indicated 6". I flipped a plug, scanned it, and the target was still in the hole. I started pulling out handfuls of dirt and scanning those, nothing. I pulled out my Vibraprobe, and scanned the hole with that, nothing. I then began popping divots of dirt out of the sides of the hole. After scanning a few of those, one of them signalled good. I broke it open, and saw that wonderful sight of a reeded silver edge, a dime. I removed the dime from the plug and revealed a '45D Merc in pretty good shape, with a little wear on the bands on the reverse. Since there weren't a lot of targets here, I went to my 10.5" coil and finished with that. I got some goodies, to. A keychain, with key attached, from Monarch Pass, Colorado; a toy Ford GT car that I thought was a Toostie Toy at first, but now I'm not sure. I also recovered three Wheat's dated '46D, 48D, and 53D, as well as a '48D Roosie. Hot diggity! Two silver and a handful of Wheat's.

HH from Allen in OK