Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Part of my screen is gone...

Robin (MI)

I use my Explorer XS as a backup and for friends that I take detecting. It has been in the back room for six months (dry no extreme temps). When I turned it on to make sure everything worked ok about the top quarter of the screen is blank (or very very light). After I had it on for a while some things started to appear but the cursor would not show in those areas.

Anybody have this problem? Anybody have a fix?

I did the reset to default start up a couple times but it did not change the screen. The contrast adjustment didn't do much. In the expanded view I thought it was ok but the cursor still did not show in that area.

Thanks - Robin

might try taking the batteries out for say ten minutes and then put the back in to see if something gets reset.

I would also take it out of the storage room for a while to see if that is causing it.

Also I would turn it on and let it run for several hours to see if it fixes itself. Perhaps a period of no activity effected some of the display electronics and it will fix themselves as current flows thru them..

If it was next to a source of heat or strong magnetic field or source of current when in storage this might damage it.

Do you have children or a blond wife?

We keep the door to that room locked when the grand kid comes over and no blond wife either. har har. We do have three cats. Maybe one of them has been fiddling with the controls. Thanks for the info, I will give each suggestion a try.

Thanks again - Robin