Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Part III - Epilogue - Puppy Love

Arkie John

After Part II, I wrote this quite a bit later, as you can tell. Enjoy.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Epilogue to Puppy Love
June 4, 2004

This forum is such a blessing. Without it I would have never written "Puppy Love" or the dozens of others.

Last evening, on a lark, I decided to do a search on Nancy's father's name. Bingo. There before my eyes were two family portraits of the family from a church history. Nancy Ann was 9 years old in one and about 15 or 16 in the other. How neat!

Then I did some more searching and came up with her married name, through the alumni association of Ouachita Baptist University. After searching on

you did bring back some memories of the time,your one of my sisters age.reckon your feelings were stronger than hers?,and that the relationship impacted you more than her.i ask because of the difference in the way men and women view things,especially in our teenage years.

my runnin' buddy in junior high had an uncle that went to ouachita baptist,late 60's i think,he ended up in trouble so i don't think it had much of an effect on him.we had those nu-grapes and nehi's too,and it was always good to get your money back on the bottle.

but like fine wine, cheese and a good woman, they all get better with age. Sure was worth a re-read Arkie! Thanks for postin it!

Dave

n/t

love to see you smile, and feel your smile! You are such a good grown up, even if you are full of bull sometimes and can't fish worth a darn!!! ILY :)

...was the only fitting thing to do,I think--especially the way it all turned out.

Thanks for reading and posting. :)

aj

i could go back like you did AJ. Maybe someday.
Reading this part of your life felt as one part voyeurism but nine parts reverie and enjoyment!
My gratitude:thumbup:

You know, I really wish I could put a fix on the story and the whole thing. I know it was good (the experience). I do know that. Perhaps is has a magical way about it...something so personal yet something that every man can perhaps identify. It transends decades with ease. And because of that, she will be engrained in my memory forever, as a beautiful 18 year-old.

It sure was a real blessing to cap the whole thing off with the phone call...and to share it with my buddies here on the forum. It satisfied my curiosity and gave me a sense of pride and accomplishment. Puppy love...how sweet it was! :D

aj