Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Park Still Delivers Silver and Goodies

Went back to a park today that I've hit a good 10 times already. Decided to go back to this one hill that gives me decent coins every time I detect on it. I've dug indians, barbers, mercs, loads of wheats and great relics here and I knew there had to be more that I missed. First 10 min. I got there I found this small glass piece. It's in the picture below if anyone knows what it is let me know :thumbup: It magnifies more than any magnifying glass or loupe that I have. It was a good 7+ inches too so I'm guessing it's somewhat old. I also found a costume jewelry ring, a religious pendent that was pretty deep, and a nice flat button during the day that fell apart when I got home :thumbdown: I went back to my usual spot which was a hill outside a baseball field. I figured most people sat on this hill watching the game and goodies would fall out of their pockets. I crept along where the hill meets the flat ground right at the beginning of the slope since this was where I hit most of my coins before. Only about 20 min. into the hunt I hit a 1909 plain wheat a good 7-8 inches down. Shortly after I hit a 1910 at about the same depth. Getting excited, I started to go a little slower until a came to a odd signal. It was only one way and it bounce from low to higher coin sounds. For the heck of it i swept the coil fast over the spot and every time I would get a good dime signal about 5 inches down. I was sure at this point that it had to be a coin. Wouldn't you know it, a VERY nice 1941 merc popped out the side of the hole. I walked over that spot probably about 5 times and couldn't believe I passed it up before. The coin is AU-58 to MS condition. By the end of the day I found about 13 wheats and a few clad. Can't wait to go back to see what else I missed. HH to all!

Great finds , everything is in great shape after being in the ground so long . That Merc' is nice . I'm wondering if that powerful lens is originally from a microscope , any threads on it ?:thumbup:

H H ,
George