Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

park home site hunting

findit

if you were hunting large parks areas and big yards around homes which would be better on the vaquero the 5.75 or 9x8? what do you think the depth comparison is going to be between them? has anybody compared both?

When choosing between a 9 by 8 and the 575, you shouldnt base your decision on which will give you better depth, but rather: what is the best coil for the conditions of property. Obvioulsy the bigger coil will give you better depth, but if the area is very trashy the 575 would be a better choice. The small coil gives you great seperation and good depth, but the coverage is not as good. The 9 by 8 is the all-around standard that generally works the best under most conditions. I would use the 9 by 8, but if I hit an area that was trashy I would come back later and work that area with the 575.

Another great answer from Scully.

As Scully and most avid detectorists will tell you, it's best to match the coil to the task.

With a private yard you also have to consider if it is a one-time opportunity or if you can return more than once to work it.

Depth of detection is often a moot point because both coils will get you down to where most coins will typically be found. Besides, in a private yard you might not want to make any deep recoveries and be very gentle on your probing and plugging efforts compared with a site where your activities might not be so closely scrutinized.

While I am, and have always been, quite fond of smaller coils in the 5