Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Park Detecting Today

C. Nyal de Kaye

We have been away again and, for the second time in two months, got washed away by incessant rain.

We intended to be away until the end of the month but we really did get flooded out and had to leave rather quickly.

We did find enough gold to cover our costs, but none of it was very spectacular (read photogenic).

So today, being home again, I went detecting in one of our local parks where I have not detected for a while.

Here is the BIG difference detecting in Australia when compared to the USA.

We have coins of $1 and $2 dollar values.

In just a few hours picked up $47 in $1 and $2 coins.

Doesn't that make all our US cousins mad!

It's just another burden we have to bear living in Australia.

We get used to it!

I've only done about 20% of the park so far, so maybe I'll go back again tomorrow.

Life is so hard here.

We have $1 coins but our federal government, for whatever reason, continues to print the paper dollars. Especially for those detecting, we wish they'd stop printing them and use only coins for dollars. Finding $47 first thing in the morning would make a tremendous difference in my detecting expenses. The cost of gasoline alone is staggering!

They are talking of getting rid of the paper dollar and going to coin. I'm for it!

a thriller of a day to get that much. Or maybe it's common enough to not be remarkable . Either way I'd love it, WTG, Steve in so la

Thanks for your comments and interest folks.

I went back to the park this afternoon and got another $28 making a total of $75 over the two afternoons.

$20 a day is common enough around here. My best effort was $65 late one afternoon and a further $70 the next morning from the same park, $135 in total.

Here is a great suggestion: Get your Government to do something good for YOUR personal economy and mint $1 and $2 coins - better still mint a $5 coin.

This simple action will do detectorists no end of good.

That will be it for a while though as we are off to the footy tomorrow to see or grandson in the Rugby League final in his school competition.