Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Park 1 / Park 2

Mike K (Ohio)

If I put the same settings in both Park1 and Park2. Do they act/function the same while detecting?

No. Every mode (even the 1 & 2 subsets) act likely completely different metal detectors. The EQX is using different frequencies, and looking at the ground and targets differently.

Got yea! I have 2 detecting modes and I guess I'll have to reprogram the machine when I want to use the other..... So does anyone have an opinion of which is better for coin hunting Park1 or 2?

As a general rule search profile 1 is good for general conditions while 2 is better for difficult conditions so you are the only one who can ultimately determine the answer to your question.

You shouldn't have to reprogram your settings, once you make your adjustments to a mode they will automatically. The chapter "Detect Modes" will explain this along with Local and Global settings and how they work.

User Profile {button on the left side} is nice feature that lets you save a favorite setting profile for easy access. Once they are saved you can toggle between it and your current mode.

HH Jeff

I like park 2 hunt in it Exclusively and do very well in horseshoe mode no discrimination I’ll be post a video of a basketball court tear out and hit a nice coin with O mint

Mike K (Ohio) said:
Got yea! I have 2 detecting modes and I guess I'll have to reprogram the machine when I want to use the other..... So does anyone have an opinion of which is better for coin hunting Park1 or 2?

?????????????????????????????????​

"Mike"..... Any.Mode-2 should prove to be more sensitive (depth-wise)'

Mode 1's are configured to handle the ground conditions better, whilst MODE-2's algorithms are for increased sensitivity to the more-desired targets (Jewellery...or ‘thinner/lower conductive items.)

I initially use Field 2, inland; and subsequently quickly cross-check using other modes,before I dig.

I compare VDIs,,,,,, and by raising the search-head compare depth potential differences.
Try Beach-2 in the same situation!... judge for yourself if it gives you more relevant VDI's. Dig and decide what’s best for your manner and location of detecting....’different strokes for different blokes.

In MULTI-MODE....you are using a repetitive PI Pulse transmission-stream, containing about 12 differing periods of weighted pulses.

In SINGLE-FREQUENCY....TX continuous-wave, single pulse-period, transmission.

Yes, your EQUINOX utilises.PI 'streaming'; multi-varied pulses or single-pulse .
The RECEIVER-section is programmed match the TX modes.....

MINELAB’s Patents embrace a broad spectrum of theoretical concepts regarding the hobby, and they obviously will never publicise details of those applied; but rather offer non-technical analogies, in the form of simple diagrams.
Much of what was component-based circuitry is now implemented in ‘software’.
The detector’s ‘boards’ now hold the computing algorithms in their chips, invisible to prying eyes. Only the most determined hackers can explore their contents.
You can’t hide the ‘search-transmissions’ so we have access to the fundamental frequencies used. That allows some insight of the detector’s functionalities. To understand the protocols implemented by their programming, then you need to be a competent ‘practitioner’ in electronics and computing.

“Good luck hunting Mike”....’A single VDI can represent many things’..so dig it and learn...matt

If all the settings are exactly set up the same in both those modes then no differences. They both use lower weighted frequencies. So it's like running the same thing.

If you used Park 2 and Park 1 or Field 1 or Field 2 the frequencies grouping weighting is different as 2 in Park and Field use a higher grouping /weighting of frequencies for more difficult ground and less conductive items. Assuming all other settings are the same in either of the 4 modes that is the main difference. Look in back of the manual and it shows the different factory settings used to help you figure out what they were doing in the different modes.

Both P and F 1 use lower grouping of frequencies for more conductive objects and good ground. Both 2's P and F use higher grouping for less conductive items and difficult ground. The way I read and understand it.

EtracTom-AdirondacksNY said:
If all the settings are exactly set up the same in both those modes then no differences. .

No, its not. The frequency weighting, ground control and signal assessments are different. Even if you set the adjustments to be the same, the response IS NOT THE SAME. Every mode is basically a completely different detector.

Jason in Enid said:
EtracTom-AdirondacksNY said:
If all the settings are exactly set up the same in both those modes then no differences. .

No, its not. The frequency weighting, ground control and signal assessments are different. Even if you set the adjustments to be the same, the response IS NOT THE SAME. Every mode is basically a completely different detector.

Would it be the same if the settings were all set the same for Park1 and Field? And the same if the settings were set the same for Park2 and Field2?

no.

Jason in Enid said:

So Park1 and Field1 are weighted differently?

I currently have all of my settings the same for P1 ad F1, except for a discrimination setup difference. It's just been one day of switching between P1 and F1, on the fly, but so far it feels and sounds identical with all of the same settings, including 50 tones.

What should I look at for testing the differences? Thanks.

I use Park 1 for sites like a street takeout or quick hunt where I swing fast and lose.

I use Park 2 in tot lots and when I am running slower in tougher sites