Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pal and the schoolbus

Jackpine Savage

Well you all read the story of Pal and the woodchuck.. Here's one of two I will tell about Pal and the schoolbus.

Back in the mid 60's we had some horrible winters up here in the Northern Lower Peninsula. Morning temps below zero were common with winds blowing the snow into huge drifts. We had a long driveway and it was not fun waiting down at the end of it for the schoolbus to arrive especially knowing that on any given morning it could be late due to any number of reasons.

One morning we were running late and had not left the house yet. Looking out the front door while waiting for my brothers to get ready I noticed Pal who was lying on the porch turn his head toward the bend in the main road about an 1/8 mile away. A few seconds later the bus rounded the corner... Ahaa!!!

The next morning and for weeks afterward the bus driver gave us a funny look as we boarded cuz you guessed it. He could not figure out how we timed it to arrive at the end of the driveway at the same time he did.

He finally gave in and asked and me be the younger, I let out our little secret. On hind sight should just let our bus driver Ray keep on wondering.

I'll tell you another one about Pal and Ray the bus driver some other time.

Tom

This story was funny, but I wish that you had not told the bus driver how you knew when the bus would arrive. Thanks for posting this story, funny and enjoyable. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Some money could have been made. Ray always had lots of change in his pocket and as he drove his route he was always on the lookout for something interesting such as a wasps nest in a tree or whatever. The next day he would challenge the kids on the bus to find what he had seen by giving a few hints and a dime or quarter went to the kid who got it

The first Robin of spring was a standard of Ray's and always worth a quarter to whoever saw it.

Tom

n/t

things like buses and the UPS man. We live on a long driveway and the let us know long before they ever get here that someone is coming up the driveway. Your right, you should of kept him guessing....

George-CT

n/t

n/t