Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pacific Beach San Diego

Shooter65

I'm having a blast out here on vacation on Pacific Beach and it's great to get out of the Wisconsin cold weather for a while. Had a fella with a DFX come up to me today and told me my MXT wouldn't work in the wet sand and that I'd have to stay high in the dry stuff. I reached into my pouch and hauled out a hand full so things I found and his jaw almost hit the sand as he had only found $.81. The MXT however does not like a dunking in salt water. It will overload every time but stay a little higher in the wet stuff and it does wonders. Found a Peridot and diamong 10K gold ring and a sterling Yin Yang ring today + a couple of earrings and a handful of change to include a 20 Franc french coin,1953 and a wheat penny 1948D and they came from high on a bank above the high water point. If I could reduce these pics to the correct size out here, I'd have them posted right now. Will do it when I get home.If anyone needs any help on salt water-black sand beaches give a shout. Black sand beaches are nasty to deal with but it can be done with an MXT.

I love it!!!! That guy with the DFX probably didn't want you hunting where he had found items before. Too bad! It's a BIG beach! That's the best place to find jewelry. Good going! HH and you lucky thing!!!! Nancy

Hi,

I live in San Diego and have had a little trouble with wet sand, whatr settings are you using on Pacific Beach?

Thanks

I have hunted the beaches in San Diego with no problems what so ever I just put it in salt mode in the wet sand and trac mode in the dry sand, Hunted both Mission beach and Pacific beach also the beaches along La Jolla cove area. Using factory settings just switching from trac to salt mode.....:detecting:

JiminSD said:
Hi,

I live in San Diego and have had a little trouble with wet sand, whatr settings are you using on Pacific Beach?

Thanks

Hey JiminSD
With your machine off place the Trac switch in the salt position while you are in the wet sand. Turn your machine on and pump it until it is silent, 3 to 6 you should hear no more noise or chatter. When it stops put the trac switch in the lock position and go. I ran my MXT in the +1 Gain position and it was stable. I even made a silent run (threshold turned to the point of quiet) so I could hear the faintest chirps of deep objects and it did very well and is this baby a nickel getter. Today alone I had 16 nickels and I've never done that with any of my other machines. Will post some pictures after we get back home in another week or so.

It has been real cold here - 10 and snow around 8 inches wish i was there.Long as your hunting that is the best.