Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Oz gold sales - results

G'day Lou and others,

Results are in from the batch of gold and silver I sent to SBA & overall I am pretty happy with the result. The inward weight was 502 grams and the after treatment weight 492 grams which is a loss of roughly 2%, which is not bad as I had tumbled the silver but there was still a bit of crud on it. Most importantly, the final gold weight was very close to my calculated weight taking into account that there was one ring stamped 18ct but I am sure it was not and there was a couple of other rings I was a bit suss about. At the other end of the scale there were a few rings that did not have markings on them and I only counted them as 9ct, but they could have been a higher carat. It did take a little bit longer that the seven days they quoted but I can live with that. Typically gold fell when I put mine in but only by 50c a gram from the start to settlement date, likewise silver fell by 3c a gram but that is the luck of the draw

Hopefully these figures will give you some indication of what to expect.

Final conclusion, I will use them again when I have built up enough.

Treasureseeker99

G'day Treasureseeker99,

was hoping you'd post your results.
Sounds like a pretty good deal overall.
I'm torn between using them and Gold and Silver Bullion Australia on the Gold Coast. The latter claim a charge of only 1% of spot, however they are'nt that keen on silver and get stuck into you a bit there. Thats there own words!
I'll post my results whichever way I go.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Lou.

thanks for the info Treasureseeker99 sounds like there good to deal with i might give them a try.
lazyaussie

I'd like to do the same with my gold, platinum and silver.

Is this the company...SBA Amalgamated in Bayswater, Victoria.

Thanks for any help,
Tony,
Perth.