Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Out With The Vaq

holey dollar

Guys i know this sounds stupid out with the Vaq today, faint signal start to dig, plenty of natural iron ore in the ground, this signal would not disc out, stronger the signal goes as i get deeper, Pinpoint moved a tad, then seemed to come back,i checked depth now a good signal in both directions, was 14 inches down now into a soft clay base.I'm thinking Large Iron Bolt Etc, site convict built in 1830 or so.
I know if you get a signal with the Vaq dig, I'm dead on the hole(quite a large hole by now).
I have not ever before in Australia had a signal from the Vaq that i could put down to a tree root, hit a tree root quite large one,my problem is the signal is strong and crisp, i don't think it is a tree root signal, still getting the same signal now at 15+ Inches.
I'm thinking metal bucket etc, Have to go back too bloody tired today to dig anymore, any thoughts guys,
Holey Dollar/Dave.

Now I've dug crushed pop cans at 15-18".
Keep us posted.

I know a guy with a sidewinder and he says it will pick up tree roots. The roots absorb minerals from the ground.

Thoughts? Only two:

Leave it. You dont know now and so it wont matter if you walk away.
Dig it up. You dont know now, and youll never know if you walk away.

Choice is yours