Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Out with the Delta 4000 today

bobbydadario

I had an opportunity to swing the Delta today in between sales calls. I went to a to a ball field that was strewn with trash. I was impressed with the performance of the Delta... I felt like a surgeon slicing my way through garbage to find coins. This was using the 8" stock coil. One feature of this detector that no one has brought up is that it gives a "fuzzy" overload signal when you swing over targets above ground. This came in handy today because there were lots of times the trash was hiding in the grass.

I pulled out 6 quarters, 4 dimes, and 7 pennies (including a 1959 wheat cent) in an hour and a half. It felt like 20 years ago, coins popping out everywhere! Boy, I had a lot of fun. The coins were all 2-3" deep. I would dig a tiny plug and the coins just popped out. Damn, this machine can pinpoint! This was only my second time out. I did notice that the numbers jump a bit. You really need to make a 2-3" sweep to get the number to lock on. This really didn't effect my ability to pick out the coins though.

I also bumped up the sensitivity to the maximum 12 and had no problems with falsing.

n/t

Bobby. I know that this post is from over half a year ago , but I'm getting a new Omega and Delta and I have been reading all the posts about both detectors going back several months ( plan to keep on reading even further back yet - Great info!! ). Anyhow I just wanted to point out that a 1959 Penny would be the first year of the Memorial Cent - Last year of the Wheat Cent was 1958. If it is a 1959 Wheatie I'd hold onto that baby because its worth a lot of money - maybe like the 1913 V Nickel. Just letting you know.;) I hope the Delta is doing well for you. take care and happy hunting , CoinShooter-Craig

The wheat design was discontinued in 1958. If your coin has the Lincoln Memorial on its back, it's a circulation issue worth face value only.

There is at least one possible 1959 wheat cent known to exist but its authenticity is still the subject of a lot of debate among coin experts. If your coin it has a wheat back but a 1959 date, I'd have it examined by a dealer but my guess is you will find out it is either an altered coin or a fantasy piece made outside of the Mint.

Information from : http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_is_1959_wheat_penny_worth

OK guys, you may be right. It was a wheat cent....maybe I misread the date! Haven't been out much, working 2 jobs is really cutting down on my detector time. craig, good luck with the Delta. I have enjoyed in very much, and the thing is the best pinpoionter! I would like to try the dd coil.

Bobbydadario. Np on the date of the wheatie - just letting you know about the 1959. I know what you mean about having no time to detect lately. I'm not working two jobs , but I'm going to end up with 59 hours at work this week in the machine shop. I'm a c/nc machinist. We are on manditory 50 minimum hour weeks ( more if we want ) right now and it looks like we will be for the next few weeks to come. I had over $800.00 in car repairs this week between my blazer and the fiances skylark , so I banked as many hours as I could handle. I hope some of you are getting out detecting at least. Not to mention it snowed here in Wisconsin the other day and is still pretty chilly for this time of year. HH , CoinShooter-Craig